Control of Resources
- Must know the contractual obligations of our term contractors well like their scope of works, schedule of works to be done, number of workers to be deployed to get the job done, KPI and performance standards, safety procedures and punitive measures for non-compliance for performance and standards.
- Feedback to Contract & procurement if there are areas to improve on the contracts specifications. Track contractors’ performance and feedback to C&P to take action under the prevailing conditions of contract.
- Must know the inspection routine of our staff e.g. spot check done on contractors on preventive maintenance, projects handled by staff. Should have a year plan so that you know when your key staff will be on long leave e.g. annual leave, reservist training etc., so that the delivery of services are not affected in their absence.
- Be aware of the stock inventory level of spare parts for your portfolio of properties.
- Must have a system to manage and control all feedback / complaints received, attended and not closed. Must investigate recurring faults
- Must have a system to manage and control the preventative maintenance schedules of essential services (monthly, quarterly, half-yearly and yearly)
- Must have a record of expenditure incurred for each building and major component of building (roof, chiller plant etc) and check against budget.
- Must have a record of all the compulsory legislated works to be carried out e.g lift load testing, sterilization of water tank, structural inspection test, LEW inspection etc.
- Must have a record of essential contact numbers and be aware of all resources available to deal with emergencies like water pipe burst, electricity outage, air con failure.
- Must have a daily, weekly, monthly record of maintenance complaints by various category, showing down time, response time. Investigate lapses.
- Have a system of ensuring high standards of safety and maintenance. Must be able to convey your expectations to your staff, contractors, security guards etc., what you expect from them in the delivery in the service.
- Conduct regular inspections of all properties with OIC of the building so that more discrepancies could be detected by us and not by our clients, tenants.
- Conduct regular briefing (at least once a week) to site staff, contractors etc. on safety requirements, emergency procedures and lessons learnt from mistakes made on site or others site, so that it does not happen again.
- Ensure that all our contractors, site staff are properly attired and equipped with the right tools for the job to prevent accidents.
- Raise maintenance issues to bring up to Asset managers as and when, with recommended solutions (at least two).
- Update progress of CAPEX works. Escalate to management if schedule falls behind.
- Check to ensure that the purchase order claims by Term Contractors are correct. Take action and recover over-claim if detected.
- Responsible for the competency of your staff. Ensure on the job training and schedule them for external training
- Responsible for the HR areas of staff e.g. performance appraisal, etc.
- Be very familiar with ISO and WSHA standards of the company. Be ready to be audited when called upon.
- Be responsible for the closure of work orders accounts at FY end.
- Encourage a 2-way feedback & communication channels between OIC, Cluster managers & management.
- Managers must undertake the role as Cluster Managers and is also expected to take on dual roles responsibilities and other management assigned projects as required
Skills and Qualifications:
- Degree or Diploma in Real Estate/Facilities Management
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience handling portfolio of properties and leading a team
- Possess FSM Certificate
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and work under tight deadlines