This person will work with research scientists in developing next generation herbicide products and in supporting both R&D activities, and to some extent, commercially launched products. Will be working with a formulation and delivery team.
- Evaluates the chemical and physical properties of various organic and inorganic substances in order to investigate their applications in formulated products.
- Will work on various projects and follow SOP's and basic lab techniques, using equipment that includes – e.g., pH meters, mixers/agitators, homogenizers, and milling equipment.
- Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Works under immediate supervision.
- Diligently records all laboratory tasks performed and related procedures and findings in electronic laboratory notebook system.
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 1 year of experience in the field or in a related area
- Knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field
- Requires hands-on lab experience and interest in doing labwork
- Rheometer and interfacial measurement experience is a plus, as is proficiency in chemistry/chemical engineering principles, including mass-balance calculations
- Some industrial experience in formulation development preferred -e.g., with pesticides, foods, cosmetics, consumer products, and/or paints & coatings