Applicants must be authorized to work for ANY employer in the U.S. We are unable to sponsor or take over sponsorship of an employment Visa at this time.
Duration: 18-month contract
Job Description and Qualifications
CIVIL STRUCTURAL ENGINEER ACCOUNTABILITIES:
• Perform structural observations – foundations and steel. Will sign off on selected foundations and frames per observation of the drawings.
• Ensure that the latest drawings, specifications, fabrication strategies, and other contract documents are followed.
• Coordinate with Quality Control and the Yard Material Manager to ensure availability of free issues material for planned scope.
• Report fabrication progress aligned with overall schedule requirements and report schedule gaps or slippage.
• Respond to site or contractor questions and request for information (RFI)
• Coordinate with the AP Engineering office concerning Request for Information (RFI's) and Site Technical Queries (STQ's)
• Coordinate responses directly back to Engineering office and Project Engineering Manager for home office support.
• Oversight of progress and delivery of fit-up, welding, NDT, torque and tensioning or fasteners, blasting and painting, insulation, fire proofing, piping & equipment installation, field activities, and support installation of wiring and cable tray systems.
• Coordinate to review weighing procedures and COG markup of modules.
• Ensure adherence to deliverable list(s).
• Manage Schedule of Deliverable check-points
• Develop and manage Score Card Checking Management.
• Perform Progress assessment / metrics.
• Documentation control and record retention.
• Attend project & group meetings.
• Can interface efficiently with other disciplines, Yard Fabrication Lead, and Project Engineering.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor or Master's degree in Civil or Structural Engineering.
• CA PE licensed engineer required.
• 2+ years focused on supporting Structural shop or yard fabrication or construction site activities.
• 4+ years combined experience of engineering of structural steel, modularization, construction and/or shop fabrication experience.
• Experience in Refinery / Petrochemical, Oil & Gas, or power industry is a must.
• Experience in large scale modularization concepts, design, construction & fabrication, transportation, and installation.
• Proficient in using structural analysis modeling software such as RISA or STAAD.
• Proficient of industry accepted codes; IBC, ASCE 7, AISC Steel Construction Manual, AISC 341, and CBC a plus.
• Working knowledge of Smart 3D (S3D) software tool or 3D modeling tool.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Multi-office project experience, including international/domestic project customers/locations.
• Takes personal responsibility for safety and a healthy environment on the projects and in the office.