The SIRP is a flagship Gold Fields environmental, social and governance (ESG) decarbonisation project and will make a significant contribution to Gold Fields Australia (GFA) achieving its regional decarbonisation target by replacing fossil fuel energy from the grid with onsite renewables generation, including a 35MWp solar farm and 42MWp wind farm.
As a Senior Superintendent – Civil, you will be reporting to the Construction Manager and will be responsible for supporting, managing, and supervising contractors and sub-contractors on the St Ives Renewable Project site.
The project roster is 2 weeks on, one week off, 10.5 hour days, FIFO from Perth.
What you’ll do
The role responsibilities include:
- Estimated role duration is 12 to 18 months.
- Supervise contractor and sub-contractor works including safety performance and compliance.
- Coordinate and manage the work of civil contractors and other site personnel, ensuring they have the resources they need to complete their tasks on time and within budget.
- Monitor work progress and report on any issues that arise, taking appropriate action to resolve problems and keep the project on track.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant legislation and environmental and safety regulations.
- Work closely with other site supervisors and team members to ensure the project is delivered on time and within budget while directing and providing guidance to civil supervisors.
- Act as the main point of contact for the client and other stakeholders, providing regular updates on progress and any issues that arise.
- Relevant background in civil engineering, civil trade, or a related field.
- Construction, mining, or heavy industry experience with an EPCM or contractor.
- A full understanding of how all elements of the project scope integrate and interface with each other and are managed to successfully deliver the right project outcome.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Demonstrated understanding & application of site safety standards and relevant legislation.
- Strong leadership and management skills, with the ability to supervise and motivate contractors.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build strong relationships with clients and other stakeholders.
- WA C-class driver’s licence and full Australian Working Rights.
Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients.