Key Skills: Completions
Contract: 10 months, 2/2 rotation
Salary / Package: PAYE hourly rate, plus holiday accrual
Recruitment Partner: Airswift Account Manager: Natalie Quinn
Key words: Completions, Offshore
As a global leading provider of engineering, procurement and construction management expertise to the energy, chemicals, and resources sectors we are proud to be able to expand our UK team and have partnered with Airswift to support our recruitment plans.
What can we offer you
Exciting opportunity to join our busy project team, with excellent rates, plus holiday accrual and hybrid working arrangements available.
We are currently recruiting for a Completions Engineer to join our team based in Aberdeen for a position based offshore. This is a PAYE contract role for an initial 10-month period, with rate to be discussed.
Key Responsibilities and background:
The Completions Engineer is responsible for the coordination of the completion activities and collating all supporting documentation to allow the project to move through its various stages a in safe logical planned manner on the project as required by the Completions Lead.
- Study / Review and be familiar with the relevant drawings, scope of work, specifications, materials and equipment schedules.
- Take direction from the Completion Lead to ensure that the sequencing of work is achieved to deliver the agreed schedule.
- Liaise with the Completions and Commissioning Manager to understand the commissioning sequence and commissioning system boundaries ensuring all equipment is correctly identified and the required testing documentation is requested to completed during all work phase (Const/Pre-Comm/Comm).
- Understand the Completions Procedure in conjunction with the Commissioning Manager, QA/QC Leads and Construction Superintendents.
- Act as the focal point for the implantation and management of the Completions System.
- Ensure that the Completion System Database is accurately and adequately populated against agreed & approved system limit drawings.
- Provide accurate and timely reports to demonstrate compliance with the phased release of completed construction work, via the Completions System.
- Have the ability to read technical drawings.
- Process and review standards of all completed documents returned from the field.
- Ensure all punch lists raised are documented with the correct applicable detail and category required and monitor and review them on a regular basis to ensure these are being actioned within reasonable timescales once raised.
- Ensure any TQs / ECNs are registered against the associated sub-system and updating any system limits effected by any changes in a timely manner.
- Producing / Collating the required handover dossiers per system/Subsystem in the agreed format for handover at each applicable stage of the project, ensuring any documentation final as built revisions included in dossiers have been returned to Aconex document management for storage or back drafting.
- Manage own workload within agreed timescales.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of current legislation and guidelines applicable to the role.
- Communicate with clients and suppliers in a professional manner.
- Be fluent in the use of Databases, Microsoft Excel spreadsheets and Word documents.
- Have knowledge and demonstrable experience in QA/QC and Commissioning.
- Develop and deliver training and support to users of completion system.
- Responsible for ensuring robust training for users, data input quality.
- Work with the completions, commissioning, and Quality teams to ensure handovers, ITP’s etc align with the agreed handover process.
- Interface with engineering and systems teams to ensure engineering data transfer is coordinated and validated
- Interface with engineering and document control teams to ensure engineering deliverables are updated in accordance with the latest revision etc
- Actively promotes and supports implementation of project safety culture, practices and procedures.
Critical Skills & Personal Attributes:
- A suitable HSE qualification or suitable experience.
- A suitable qualification or suitable experience for the role.
- Experience in similar roles.
- Proven experience of managing and operating proprietary Completion Software System(s).
- Computer literate (MS Office components). Previous use of Microsoft Office programs (Word, Excel, Teams, PowerPoint)
- Background within the renewables, Oil & Gas, Engineering industry.
- Previous experience using a completions management database (Smart Completions, PIMS CMS, GoTechnologies, WinPCS or equivalent systems).
- Ability to demonstrate previous experience of administration duties.
- Experience working Completions management system databases.
The next step
We have an exceptional team in place, and we are pleased to be able to appoint a further person to our growing business. We are aware that you may not ‘tick all the boxes’, but if you believe you can genuinely offer some valuable skills and experience to our business, please in the first instance contact our recruitment partner Airswift, and the account manager Natalie Quinn