Key Skills: Construction
Contract: 9 months
Salary / Package: PAYE hourly rate, plus holiday accrual
Recruitment Partner: Airswift Account Manager: Natalie Quinn
Key words: Construction
As a global leading provider of engineering, procurement and construction management expertise to the energy, chemicals, and resources sectors we are proud to be able to expand our UK team and have partnered with Airswift to support our recruitment plans.
What can we offer you
Exciting opportunity to join our busy project team, with excellent rates, plus holiday accrual and hybrid working arrangements available.
We are currently recruiting for a Construction Coordinator to join our onshore team on a 9-month contract basis. This is a PAYE contract role, with rate to be discussed.
This role will be supporting the project team on an E&C barge campaign and shutdown scopes.
Key Responsibilities and background:
- To study and assess the relevant drawings, specifications and instructions for his specific or functional area of responsibility.
- To verify that the drawings and specifications provide adequate instructions for the work and advise the Construction Lead /Manager and/or Project Manager of any deficiencies or clarifications needed.
- To review, in co-operation with the Construction Lead /Manager and/or Project Manager and agree the overall site programme for his area of responsibility including Sub-contractors’ programmes.
- To identify any problem areas in the programmes, discuss with the Project Construction Lead /Manager and/or Project Manager and agree a solution.
- To ensure, before any work commences, that all items of material, equipment, scaffolding etc required are available to avoid abortive and unproductive use of labour.
- To maintain primary contact and a good working relationship with sub-contractors site representatives.
- To be fully familiar with the sub-contractors’ methods of construction, programming and procedures and to resolve any apparent conflicts.
- To ensure that all Sub-contractors employed within his area of responsibility are fully aware of their obligations and responsibilities.
- To ensure, before any variation work is carried out by a sub-contractor that an authorised instruction is given by the Construction Lead /Manager and/or Project Manager.
- To assist in the authorising or refuting of any claims by the Sub-contractor of delays, waiting time or abortive work.
- To be familiar with and aware that Company and Site Procedures are adhered to.
- To ensure that all work is to the required standard and that all drawings, specifications, inspections and certifications are strictly adhered to.
- To provide technical assistance to the Construction Lead / Manager in the compilation of cost and progress reports.
- To ensure that Construction Team and the Sub-contractors programmes are produced and monitored in accordance with the requirements of the contract.
- To constantly review progress and monitor programmes, updating the latter when necessary in conjunction with the Construction Lead/ Manager.
- To co-ordinate and report on a weekly and monthly basis on all progress matters and problem areas.
- To ensure adequate and qualified supervision and skilled labour resources are employed to meet schedule requirements.
- To constantly strive to obtain maximum productivity and economical use of labour and equipment in order to keep costs within budget.
- To ensure that all Company systems of Quality Assurance are adhered to and assist the Project Quality Manager in the completion of site system test sheets and the test dossier.
- To ensure that Company systems for material identification and stores requisitioning are adhered to by all those under his control.
- To be responsible for the Health and Safety of all personnel working in the area or areas within the site complex.
- Ensure Health & Safety Responsibilities.
- SHEQ Responsibilities attached) are adhered to and understood.
Critical Skills & Personal Attributes:
Essential Qualifications And Skills
- Minimum HNC in an Engineering related subject or Trade Apprenticeship with appropriate Technical Qualification.
- Recognised Site discipline background.
- Fully conversant with Project Management Systems with extensive knowledge of Project Construction practices and procedures.
- IT Literate with experience in management databases.
- BOSIET / Approved Offshore Medical / CA EBS / MIST / Onshore Safety Passport.
- Degree educated in an Engineering related subject.
- APM Level D qualification, or above.
- Management NVQ level 4 / 5.
- Conversant with Project tender / estimating process.
- Accident / Incident Investigation training.
The next step
We have an exceptional team in place, and we are pleased to be able to appoint a further person to our growing business. We are aware that you may not ‘tick all the boxes’, but if you believe you can genuinely offer some valuable skills and experience to our business, please in the first instance contact our recruitment partner Airswift, and the account manager Natalie Quinn