Location: Antwerp, Belgium
Contract duration: initial 12 month contract, with option to extend.
Contract type: hourly rate basis (all-inclusive)
Start Date: ASAP
Project: Zoetis Belgio
Recruitment Partner: Airswift
Account Manager: Ryan Kirkpatrick
As one of the world’s leading consulting and engineering companies, operating across Energy and Materials markets, we are proud to be in a position to expand our team in Antwerp, Belgium and have partnered with Airswift in order to help us meet our recruitment objectives in 2023/2024.
We have an opportunity for a CONSTRUCTION MANAGER to support the Zoetis Belgio project, based in Antwerp, Belgium; the successful candidate(s) will be engaged on an initial 12 month contract, with the option for further contract renewals.
Field safety responsibilities:
- Implementing HSE procedures and standards in compliance with applicable laws, Health and Safety Documentation and Environmental Management Manual
- Supervising that their personnel respect the applicable HSE procedures, with particular regard to their health and safety care Enforcing the Emergency Procedures, if necessary Communicate project safety requirements and coaching field supervisors to build safety awareness and safety performance Cooperate closely with the Safety Site Supervisors to ensure the proper assistance and surveillance on safety matters from the Field Supervision Team
- Inspecting work areas to identify hazards and abatement measures Determine safety training needs availing Construction Manager and Safety Superintendent to organize proper training sessions and courses.
- Ensuring all work permits, method statement and Job Safety Analysis and fulfilment of permit conditions requirements Assure adequate daily toolbox, start works meetings for all concerned field positions and to control Subcontractors toolbox meeting schedule and attendance.
- Participating in all area safety assessment regularly scheduled or dictated by circumstances.
- Establish and maintain a motivational environment including positive recognition as well as enforcement of discipline.
- Participate in incident investigations and "near-misses" to determine causes.
Field job responsibilities:
- Report to PM and coordinate site activities
- Be the first contact with Client in case PM is not present.
- Monitor in collaboration with Field Project Control Coordinator the progress of Subcontractors.
- Ensure that Subcontractors duties are performed by competent and experienced personnel and in sufficient number, and promptly advise in negative case.
- Be the first contact with Subcontractors and participate to construction meetings.
- Participate to construction meetings with Client Representative
- Coordinates the activities of specialty Supervisors solving interferences and defining priority.
- Organize and held weekly briefing with staff for site organization