We are working with a Major Oil & Gas operator to source Construction Superintendent Building & HVAC (Topsides) to work for Major Offshore Project. This is a long-term contract role working on a residential basis 6-days per week / 10 hours per day. Please see details below;
Title: Construction Superintendent Building & HVAC (Topsides)
Start Date: Negotiable (typically within 1 month notice)
Duration: 36 months (potential for extension)
Location: Onshore (Site)
Working Schedule: 6-days per week / 10 hours per day
- This position is for overall coordination and overview of the building/HVAC requirements for Topsides project in Yard.
- Reviewing and assisting in approval of Building Architecture, Insulation and HVAC procedures.
- Advise Contractor and Company of any non-conformance to the technical requirement and project specifications.
- Verify that the scope of work is completed in accordance with applicable safety, environmental and to the required quality standards.
- Providing continuous support, coordination, and advice to the Head of Construction Yard on building Architecture, insulation and HVAC issues concerning execution and the oversight of contractors.
- Reports to: Offshore Construction Lead Fabrication Yard.
(Duties include but not limited to)
- Lead structural (building floor, walls and roof) fabrication, insulation, architectural and HVAC activities during construction and pre-commissioning phases for the Topsides.
- Analyse and follow up of EPCI daily architectural and HVAC construction reports. Discuss and rectify any quality deficiencies and related NCR’s.
- Attends internal and external construction meetings, facilitating construction planning, progress, deliverable and action, comment and close out of any finding.
- Ensure contractors use relevant, up to date codes, standards, specifications, and drawings.
- Advise the Head of Construction of any non-conformances by the contractor.
- Verify contractor fabrication progress and measure performance. Prepare daily/ weekly progress report.
- Provide guidance to the Contractor to promote compliance; verifies compliance with the Contract and fitness for purpose of the delivered processes and systems for Topsides.
- Actively participates in Project Lessons Learned Process, facilitating capturing and closure.
- Review and check that the building related insulation, Architectural and HVAC drawings, specifications and procedures are approved for construction in accordance with the construction schedule and sequence.
- Review and check that the material (panels, supports, insulation, ducts etc) and equipment (HVAC, Inline instruments etc) are delivered to site in accordance with the construction schedule and sequence.
- Review and check the Vendor personnel mobilization requirement during the construction phase.
- Verify the requirement and availability of temporary services (like AC, Doors, Power supply etc. inside building) needed during the construction phase.
- Review scaffolding requirement and scaffolding alteration plan inside the building during various stages of construction and pre-commissioning activities.
- Lead constructability study for installing the delayed items inside the building. Prepare out of sequence installation plan and incorporate same in the schedule and manpower requirement.
- Coordinate with other discipline to ensure that all hot works (such as E&I and Piping supports, penetrations etc) are finished before the building is realised for coating / insulation.
- Liaising with the QA/QC teams in verification of all architectural and HVAC related ITPS.
- Interfaces with the discipline engineers, construction engineers, and inspectors in a professional manner.
Engineering Degree or similar, relevant experience maybe taken if coupled with HNC/HND, however any qualification, technical or knowledge requirements may be waived through relevant work experience.10 years of major oil and gas offshore project experience in a fabrication or construction capacity.
Knowledge and/or Experience
- 10 years of experience in architectural, insulation and HVAC ducting discipline with at least 5 years demonstrated senior construction supervision experience in major capital projects. Knowledge of HVAC equipment and installation is an added advantage.
- Significant experience in working with EPC Contractors and interfacing with specialized service suppliers.
- Demonstrated ability and sensitivity to work with people from a variety of cultural backgrounds.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a focus on teamwork and the ability to communicate and interact within a PMT.
- Application and in-depth knowledge of stakeholder specifications and a working knowledge of Industry standards.
Technical and Business Skills:
- A high level of proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Proficiency in MS Office, Excel and other relevant applications.
- Excellent communication / written skills and ability to work with different disciplines.
- Sets situations/issues in the context of the entire team and has an appreciation of the wider relationships with other people and organizations.
- Works independently within established procedures, plans and budgets and contributes to the development of these.
- Has autonomy over scheduling and planning of own work; organizes efforts of work group to achieve overall efficiency.
- Establishes credibility with peers, subordinates and supervisors.