Construction Workpack Engineer
Key Skills: Construction, Workpacks
Location: Wilton, Redcar
Contract: 12 months
Salary / Package: PAYE hourly rate, plus holiday accrual
Recruitment Partner: Airswift Account Manager: Natalie Quinn
Key words: Construction, Workpacks.
As a global leading provider of engineering, procurement and construction management expertise to the energy, chemicals, and resources sectors we are proud to be able to expand our UK team and have partnered with Airswift to support our recruitment plans.
What can we offer you
Exciting opportunity to join our busy project team, with excellent rates, plus holiday accrual and hybrid working arrangements available.
Key Responsibilities and background:
The Workpack Engineer will be responsible for the development of workpacks, understand scopes and lead constructability and reviews.
Key duties will include but not be limited to:
- Deliver a high standard Construction service to the Project, ensuring a consistent and efficient approach is implemented at all times.
- Implement a continuous improvement philosophy across the Construction function, delivering best practices at all times.
- Actively participate in all Company and Project safety initiatives.
- Provide Construction input into the Project strategies, procedures, design phase, plans and schedules.
- Conduct thorough Construction Workpack reviews and assess whether scope requirements are met – ie. Constructability of the design, safety, jobcard estimates, materials and tooling etc.
- Provide a link between the Construction and Engineering departments of the Project – assist with site surveys, design changes, constructability etc.
- Be fully familiar with Vendors / Sub-Contractors methods of construction, programming and procedures and to resolve any apparent conflicts.
- Liaise with the Project Engineering office to ensure P&ID's and other drawings are produced in line with Construction requirements.
- Liaise with Completions / Commissioning Teams in the development of Project handover strategy and sequence.
Critical Skills & Personal Attributes:
- Recognised Site discipline background.
- Knowledge of Construction practices and procedures.
- IT Literate (Excel / Word / PowerPoint etc).
The next step
We have an exceptional team in place, and we are pleased to be able to appoint a further person to our growing business. We are aware that you may not ‘tick all the boxes’, but if you believe you can genuinely offer some valuable skills and experience to our business, please in the first instance contact our recruitment partner Airswift, and the account manager Natalie Quinn