As a global leader within the energy business, who have been established for over 100 years, we are proud to be able to expand our UK team and have partnered with Airswift to support our recruitment plans.
We are currently recruiting for a Consultant Process Safety Engineer to join our team, based in Woking to work on an ever-growing Oil & Gas project.
What can we offer you
Fantastic opportunity to work for well-respected specialists within the Energy industry, on a thriving Oil & Gas project. Excellent rates, holiday accrual and hybrid working arrangements.
Key Responsibilities and background:
- Consultant Process Safety engineer or reporting to the lead engineer (larger projects) on a feasibility, concept, FEED, detailed design, or EPC project.
- Can be technically responsible within a project for all engineering work. Allocating, supervising, and directing the preparation of project deliverables. Subject to project size will delegate some level of supervision and specific checking activities to appropriate competent personnel.
- Capable of formulating resolutions to technically challenging and/or high-profile issues without support and effectively communicating with project engineers, project management, clients, and senior management.
- Supervises, reviews, and checks the Process Safety activities.
- Identifying and resolving discrepancies and divergences from the original proposal/contract by raising technical queries and/or identifying trends and changes within the framework of the management of change.
- Participates in factory acceptance tests.
- Participates in multi-engineering design reviews and provides all necessary Process Safety input and support to the close-out of actions.
- Reviews ITB documents submitted as the proposal. Identifies a clear scope of work, prepares and reviews the manhour estimates, and inputs to the project execution plan and schedule. Supervises preparation of the Process Safety TDR.
- Can be responsible for planning/scheduling the Process Safety activities and identifying manpower requirements throughout the project. Liaises with Process group manager for allocation of resources.
- Ensures compatibility and compliance with client specifications and recommends cost-effective improvements within the scope of client specifications and requirements.
- Ensures compliance with the client's ISO-accredited QMS, and project-specific procedures, guides, and standards.
- Contributes to employee performance development, identifies employee strengths and weaknesses, and recommends and provides training and development requirements in consultation with the Process group manager.
- May support the group manager in the recruitment process.
- Performs related duties as and when instructed by the Process group manager.
Critical Skills & Personal Attributes:
- Typically, holds a master’s degree in chemical engineering or post-graduate Process Safety qualification.
- Chartered status preferred.
- Significant related experience working for engineering/client organisations in the oil and gas industry.
- Excellent coordination, monitoring, and supervisory skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Tactful in resolving issues.
- Cost awareness.
- Proactive approach.
- Alertness and attention to detail.
- Team player.
- Good written and spoken communication skills.
- Exposure to consultancy, FEED / detailed design, and EPC projects.
- In-depth knowledge of applicable international and industry specifications, standards, and codes.
- Knowledge of safety and quality procedures and best practices.
- Activity scheduling and priorities.
The next step
We have an exceptional team in place, and we are pleased to be able to appoint a further person to our growing business. We are aware that you may not ‘tick all the boxes’, but if you believe you can genuinely offer some valuable skills and experience to our business, please in the first instance contact our recruitment partner Airswift, and the account manager, Richard Parker.