Airswift is looking for a Contract Administrator to work with one of our clients in Rome, Italy.
The Estimator is to provide high-level professional advice and guidance in the analysis and preparation of capital cost estimates for multi-million dollar petrochemical and oil & gas projects. Develop multi-discipline conceptual and definitive estimates for heavy industrial, commercial and residential capital projects including all cost aspects of engineering, material/equipment and construction. Assist project management and contracting personnel with bid evaluations, participate in negotiations for lump sum, unit rate and reimbursable cost contracts as well as change orders and amendment.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Assess prospective scope and main components to develop consistent “building block” estimates for each concept under consideration.
- Develop detailed project cost estimates, including project complexity factors, based on input data such as project objectives, scope and economic analysis.
- Translate the identified project scope into an estimate of capital expenditure costs for design, procurement and construction.
- Formulate and validate methodologies for deriving quantities from design parameters (applicable in the FEED phase).
- Develop capacity factored estimates and location factor adjustments.
- Determine estimate contingency based on project variables and risks.
- Estimate composed or detailed MTOs (Material Take-Off) matched with detailed pricing and construction unit hours.
- Prepare detailed cost estimates based on MTO and Drawings Issued for Construction (IFC).
- Identify areas of uncertainty and apply appropriate allowances.
- Manage Estimating Data by collecting actual cost performance. Condition and normalize data for future use, by developing metrics and benchmarking information.
- Benchmark against historical performance, industry norms and established KPIs.
- Prepare Change Order estimates and/or review bids, estimates and Change Orders prepared by Engineering Contractors and Construction Contractors.
- Act as cost consultant and advisor for both internal stakeholders such as Engineering and Construction Team, as well as the external stakeholders such as Owner Client and Vendors.
- Prepare multi-discipline conceptual and definitive cost for Capital Projects requiring assistance in no more than two of four major disciplines of civil, mechanical, electrical and instrumentation.
- Keep abreast of significant development in cost estimating by close review of technical literature, contacts with contractors, visits to areas of construction and attendance at professional and technical meetings.
- Review estimates prepared by project engineer to ensure accuracy, completeness, and compliance of scope of work, including those developed by contractor, that may need revising to reflect construction practices in the Kingdom.
- Assist project management and contracting personnel with bid analysis and contract negotiations.
- Ensure that the estimating systems and computerized estimating tools are maintained and current in terms of being up to date and incorporating the latest state-of-art.
- Ensure the confidentiality of estimating information and data is maintained and access is limited.
Educational & Technical Requirements:
• Bachelor Degree in Engineering discipline
• 10-15 years of estimating experience including at least 5 years devoted to petrochemical, refinery, and pipeline or power generation projects. Must be familiar with construction practices, materials and equipment.
• Ability to operate Excel
• Knowledge of K Base is preferable
• Setting up Estimates, code of accounts processes and reporting
• Ability to work with project teams, build relationships with external vendors, contractors and parent company stakeholders
• Ability to work with international cultures and having international experience is preferable
• Good knowledge of English, both written and verbal
• Adapt & Learn
• Plan & Organize
• Analyze & Solve problems
• Communicating openly & effectively
• Excellence/ Drive for results
Start of services: ASAP
Duration of services: 2 years
The next steps:
We have an exceptional team in place, and we are pleased to be able to appoint a further person to our growing business. We are aware that you may not ‘tick all the boxes’, but if you believe you can genuinely offer some valuable skills and experience to our business, please in the first instance then please contact our recruitment partner Pedro Calcagno at firstname.lastname@example.org