The Contracts Specialist is responsible for the day-to-day management of the complete end-to-end contract management process within OSA, for Facilities & Engineering. This role is specifically focused on procurement interface management, strategy, and execution.
This role works closely with the function leaders, as well as other key stakeholders to ensure optimal selection of contractors and manage the delivery of outcomes to support OSA’s contract requirements in a timely manner.
- Provide procurement oversight
- Agree and implement standardization, sparing and respective supplier relationship strategies
- Support Facilities objectives and strategies within SAP
- Execute sourcing strategies for Company related to material needs for Santos framework agreements & price books
- Ensure best value for purchases and long-term total cost of ownership
- Develop strategies to optimize third party spend for Facilities
- Contract support of the Facilities function
- All facets of contract formation and contract management including drafting, interpretation, negotiation, contract review, and administration of complex customer agreements.
- Provide independent and objective contract evaluation as well as experienced advice and guidance to various functions, as applicable
- Roll out final contracts to advise internal stakeholders of contractual rights and obligations and providing interpretation of terms and conditions.
- Use continuous improvement methodologies to drive process improvement and/or efficiencies.
- Collaborate with various teams and functions, ensuring organizational effectiveness and standardization.
- Support the maximization of cost targets and cash flow while minimizing risk in the negotiation of contracts.
- Contribute to the development of strong working relationships with customers and internal stakeholders, ensuring provision of top-class service and high customer satisfaction.
- Adherence to Company Process & Procedures
- 5+ years’ broad experience in contracts, purchasing or legal disciplines, with over 3 years’ experience with Engineering, Maintenance, Drilling and / or Project contracts and/or procurement.
- Materials management experience
- Working knowledge of sparing philosophies
- Extensive knowledge of contracting principles, theories, and concepts.
- Experience in oil and gas.
- Strong contractor management and contracts administration knowledge and experience.