Project Length: Long-term
Location: Germany (Enisenhuttenstadt or Bremen)
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Requirement: Availability to travel around 25% of the job to Spain (Either Bilao or Madrid)
The Cost Engineer will be responsible for ensuring that the decarbonization project is completed within budget. The engineer will work closely with the project team to ensure that costs are accurately estimated, tracked, and reported.
- Developing and maintaining cost estimates for the project.
- Tracking project costs and ensuring that they remain within budget.
- Identifying and analysing cost variances and developing strategies to address them.
- Preparing regular reports on project costs and variances for the project team and senior management.
- Collaborating with the project team to identify opportunities to reduce costs and improve efficiency.
- Ensuring that all project costs are accurately recorded and reported.
- Strong knowledge of project management principles, cost control methodologies, and analysis techniques. Excellent analytical skills, with the ability to gather and interpret complex data.
- Being about to see the big picture and a hands-on mentality to drill deep when needed
- Detail-oriented mindset, with ability to deliver with accuracy, on-time and reliability.
- Ability to deliver on deadlines, to handle multiple tasks (exceptional organizational and prioritization skills) and ability to handle pressure
- Effective communicator, with the ability to present complex financial information in a clear and concise manner.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to identify cost-saving opportunities.
- Proactive and self-motivated individual who can work both independently and collaboratively as part of a team.
- Project language is English
- Knowledge of the Dutch language is an plus