Contract Length: 12-months, extendable
Location: Antwerp, Belgium
Start: January 2024
Salary: Hourly/all-inclusive rate
Schedule: Monday to Friday
The Cost engineer work closely with project control coordinator/manager to ensure project manager, stakeholders, and other members of the project team that projects are completed within a pre-established baseline estimated cost.
The Cost engineer should be able to provide a firm quantitative and accurate base for the early forecasting of the probable final cost; this forecasting function provides to the management a primary decision-making tool to proactively evaluate possible corrective actions to reduce risks of overrun or to identify possible cost saving opportunities.
- Analyze actual costs vs control budget during all phases of the Project.
- Determine the forecast final costs based on available information in terms of quantities and unit rates.
- Highlight possible variances and reporting them through a deviation report.
- Identify cost-saving opportunities and support project manager in the implementation of corrective actions
- Perform trend analysis on quantities and mhrs productivity
- Invoice checking and cash flow preparation
- Budget release activities for procurement and subcontracting campaigns
- Managing of cost databases and templates
- Prepare reports and presentations on project costs and cost management strategies
- Ensure compliance with company policies and procedures related to cost control
- Master Degree in Business Administration and Control or Management Engineering or similar
- 3+ years of experience in cost engineering and related issues
- Strong knowledge of project management principles, tools, and techniques
- Experience with cost estimating software and tools
- Ability to work collaboratively with project managers, stakeholders, and other team members
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills