Airswift is currently looking for Cost Engineer to work with our Client.
Starting date: February 2024
Location: Rome, Italy
Contract Duration: December 2025
Project phase: Accelerated PreFEED
The role of the Cost Engineer provides advisory support to the project management team related to all the cost related activities. The candidate will act as the interface between the Business Team and the rest of the team.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Communicate assigned project issues/concerns directly to Project Manager, (Sr. Cost Engineer) and Business Administrator.
- Develop and maintain cost reports, cash flow and contingency analyses for the individual projects.
- Provide Cost Estimates.
- Administer Change Orders and Bid box as required by procedure.
- Estimates costs of positive / negative scope changes and assess impact on total project cost: work with estimators to get assistance if needed.
- Ensure accurate reflection of committed/spent funds, Change Alerts, Project deviation notices, field change orders, and project execution changes in all cost documents relating to the construction phase.
- Assist with managing existing and amended AEL values.
- Liaison with Human Resource Department to monitor office space which is billable to the project as required to ensure that the project is not billed for space not being used.
- Derive an accurate and realistic forecast of all funds required to complete the project within the defined budget and schedule while incorporating own trending and analysis and consult with the Project Manager prior to publishing.
- Ensure accurate representation of cost data in weekly, monthly and ad hoc reporting.
- Alert Coordinating Cost Management Office and Business Management Office and the project team to critical Cost Management issues.
- Provide assistance for additional cost management related studies and scenarios if required.
- Prepare and update monthly project updates (MPU).
- Review of Contractor Progress Payment Certificates for Engineering, Procurement and Construction.
- Process Service Entry Sheets through SAP once the invoice is approved.
- PO creation and WBS corrections through SAP.
- Monitor, analyze& verify project Controllable Costs on a monthly basis through the Operating Statement Dashboard.
- Change Management (follow the process from COR to settlement).
Educational & Technical Requirements:
• Undergraduate degree in relevant discipline
• 5-10 years experience in the Cost Management field. 3 years minimum on Saudi Aramco Projects.
• Capacity of analysis and skills for desktop application
• Good knowledge of English, both written and verbal
• Mega Capital Projects experience preferred
• Adapt & Learn
• Plan & Organize
• Analyze & Solve problems
• Communicating openly & effectively
• Excellence/ Drive for results
YASREF+ is a vast world-scale petrochemical complex integrated with the YASREF refinery in Yanbu on the country's west coast. YASREF+ is being developed and will be operated by the YASREF joint venture owned by Saudi Aramco (62.5%) and Sinopec (37.5%). The YASREF+ program involves the construction of: A mixed feed cracker capable of processing different grades of low-cost feedstocks and producing 1.8 million tons of ethylene per year; two polyethylene lines, each with a capacity of 500,000 tons per year; and Units for extracting butadiene and aromatics, and producing high value-added derivatives.