Our client is seeking a Crude Accountant to work within their facilities located in Houston, TX for a 6-month contract.
- BS degree in accounting
- Volumetric Crude Accounting Experience
- Closing and accruals experience (general ledger entries)
- Settlement-type activities
- Intermediate Excel skills (i.e., VLOOKUP, pivotable, etc.)
- Understanding of GAAP accounting and financial principles
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in public or corporate accounting (oil and gas preferred)
- Strong attention to detail
- Sound written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently and with a team and manage deadlines
- Strong analytical skills and interpersonal skills
- Actualization of crude movements using SAP S4 Trader and Scheduler Workbench.
- Month-end close and reporting, including journal entries, financial reporting, variance analysis
- Responsible for settlement/net-out payment monthly for desk responsibilities
- Work with schedulers, traders, and other front office to resolve issues, as well as counterparties
- Account reconciliations including A/R and A/P variances.
- Provide support to the management team in the development, implementation, and oversight of internal controls
- Assist with internal and external audits
- Provide ad hoc reporting and support business initiatives
- CPA or other certification
- SAP S4 experience
- Blackline experience