Contract: 12 month Contract
Salary / Package: PAYE Day rate, plus holiday accrual + Pension Auto Enrolment
Recruitment Partner: Airswift Account Manager: Karen Robertson
Key words: Decommissioning; Concept Studies; Project Engineering
Our Oil & Gas Operator client are recruiting for a Decommissioning Studies Lead to join their Aberdeen Project team.
What can we offer you
Fantastic opportunity to work for a world renowned Oil & Gas Operator on a major decommissioning project. Excellent day rate, plus holiday accrual.
Hybrid working arrangements in place.
Key Responsibilities and background:
The Decommissioning Studies Lead will have a varied level of responsibility and accountability for the planning and coordinating the end-of-field life and decommissioning studies for a number of the client's platform and subsea assets. Following the initial planning phase, the role is likely to move onto execution of early and full decommissioning scopes.
This role will require a high level of Concept, FEED and Detailed Engineering focus to begin with however the successful candidate will need experience of interface management, offshore project execution, contractor management, stakeholder management and HSSE management. Previous D&R experience and familiarity with the decommissioning regulatory process in the UK an advantages for the role.
Responsible for managing a lean matrix team of staff to define and coordinate engineering studies and more detailed planning for several late-life assets in line with storyboards for D&R execution. The role will then support early execution activities, interface with well P&A and is likely to move into execution of full decommissioning scopes and be responsible for actively managing execution scopes, risk, HSSE, Assurance and other typical project processes.
The candidate should be comfortable with taking responsibility and ownership for delivery, self-starting, and effective at managing competing priorities and complex scopes of work. Experience as a contract holder is valuable.
The candidate should have good experience in working within complex brownfield environments and understanding and management of hydrocarbon risk and process safety. Experience in managing Major Accident Hazards, UK safety case legislation, decommissioning regulatory requirements and permitting processes is an advantage for the role.
- Manage concept, FEED and detailed design.
- Typical project management activities such as risk management, HSSE management, MOC processes, project reporting, and opportunity management.
- Drive HSSE performance throughout the project scope.
- Manage a matrix team to achieve objectives.
- Contract Holder.
- Coordinate assurance activities throughout the project as well as readiness assurance.
- Manage execution of offshore scope of activity.
- Manage interfaces.
- Manage internal and external stakeholders.
- Self-driven, pro-active, outcome-focused, strong analytical, conceptual and collaboration skills.
- Ability to actively listen, understand perspectives and align stakeholders.
Critical Skills & Personal Attributes:
- Relevant engineering degree.
- Relevant experience (concept, engineering and project execution).
- Strong proven history in HSSE leadership.
- Experience working in Brownfield environments.
- Experience in developing a safety culture.
- Previous D&R experience and familiarity with the decommissioning regulatory process in the UK is an advantage for the role.
The next step
We have an exceptional team in place, and we are pleased to be able to appoint a further person to our growing business. We are aware that you may not ‘tick all the boxes’, but if you believe you can genuinely offer some valuable skills and experience to our business, please in the first instance contact our recruitment partner Airswift, and the account manager, Karen Robertson