Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 1000 employees and 9,000 contractors operating in over 70 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry and the level of experience, exposure and expertise that the organization has is unparalleled.
Our client is seeking an experienced Senior Telecommunications Engineer to work within their facilities located in Perth, Australia.
A renowned operator of energy and resources. As a result of continued improvement, they are looking for a Senior Telecommunications Engineer who is experienced in OT Communications and IT Services in the energy industry.
As a Senior Telecommunications Engineer, you will play a critical role for the modernisation, maintenance and support of the OT Communications and IT Services facility across the business. You will be working on projects of numerous range, size and complexity, including managing the service providers.
This is a Perth based role on an initial 2-year contract on a long-term project. There is also a WFH flexibility of 2 days per work week.
- Provide technical advice, direction, design, and sustainment of the OT Communications services.
- Plan, develop and support communications projects for offshore and onshore businesses.
- Provide engineering support to members of the field services team.
- Support the Field Engineering Lead to ensure engineering processes and governance are fit for purpose.
- Ownership and execution of projects with different sizes and complexities.
- Governing and managing service providers to ensure successful delivery, ensuring requirements are met.
- Contributing to the design of common information models.
- Plays the role of the integrity authority and technical custodian.
- Leading, driving and implementing the Process Safety Management initiatives in project changes.
- Understanding and application of principles of Safety Critical Elements.
- Continuous improvements on business process, practices and policies
- Solid stakeholders management skills and experience.
- Understanding the business use of data and stakeholder requirements to support work processes and strategic business objectives.
- Proven experience 5 years minimum working as a Telecommunications Engineer in resources, O&G and energy sector.
- Practical exposure to OT Communications systems and services through integration, construction, or commissioning, of services including drilling comms, transmission networks, VSAT, WAN, LAN, Wi-Fi, structured cabling, UFH/VHF/HF radio, radio consoles, microwave, satellite, CCTV, Public Address & General Alarm, SCADA and monitoring, location intelligence.
- Delivered small and medium, multi discipline projects from specification to handover.
- Performed responsible roles in construction, integration, site supervision, commissioning, and handover to operations.
- Participation in EPC major projects in energy sector.
- Delivery of products and services via international supply chains.
- Application of Australian and international standards in the delivery of telecom systems.
- Adoption of recommendations, and assuring compliance as appropriately guided by relevant notified bodies and Government bodies including ARPANSA, ACMA, AMSA, IALA etc.
- Has led continuous improvement changes or processes.
- Perth based with Full Australian Working rights.
- Professional Engineer with an accredited tertiary qualification in electronic / communications engineering or equivalent.
- Eligible for membership of Engineers Australia (MIEAust).
- Eligible for charter status (CPEng)
Please apply now or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
For enquiries, please call Hafizi at 08 6187 5421