The Document Control Analyst is a member of the Transportation Business Unit (TBU) Document Control (DC) group and supports Company’s strategies to ensure the safe, compliant, and reliable operation of all assets by executing the day-to-day Document Control processes and activities. The role will work under the direct supervision of the Supervisor, Document Control but will also take direction / instruction from senior DC team members. The position will ensure all applicable documentation meets Company requirements and the integrity, accessibility and traceability of all applicable data is compliant.
Essential Job Functions
- Execute all DC processes in compliance with applicable work aids and specifications to ensure deliverables are processed accurately and completely.
- Manage revision control (including deliverable sign-out to internal and external parties) and deliverable number assignments for all drawings and documents related to assigned scope.
- Receive, quality check, upload to the ECMS, notify and distribute documents to relevant recipients.
- Evaluate deliverables received (both internal and external) against applicable work aids and standards and accept or reject as necessary. When work aids or standards are not available or unclear, raise to Senior Analysts or Supervisor.
- Maintain a high level of quality and accuracy while executing DC processes including deliverable acceptance, metadata entry and distribution.
- Support providing day to day guidance and support to internal and external stakeholders to ensure compliance with all applicable document control standards and requirements.
- Use critical thinking to identify and raise concerns with documentation or processes to Senior Analysts or Supervisor.
- Communicate consistent internal and external quality issues, process improvements and standard gaps to direct Supervisor.
- Ensure all requests are addressed in a timely and professional manner.
- Adhere to the company’s Core Values, policies & procedures, EH&S requirements, and training programs.
- Actively participate in the performance management process, establishing individual goals, working towards them, and participating in review sessions.
- Maintain a positive tone for communication and collaboration within the group and with others.
- React to change productively and undertake additional assignments or tasks as assigned from time to time in support of the overall department objectives.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience, with 5-7 years preferred, of document control experience in the oil and gas industry, preferably with some Owner / Operator exposure.
- Understand and apply core document control concepts in interpreting requirements and solving relatively straight forward problems.
- Familiarity with technical documentation (engineering and vendor) and how it is used within an Owner & Operator company.
- Experience with using a Content Management Systems (CMS) to store and manage controlled documentation, specific familiarity with OpenText Content Server is an asset.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite products (specifically Outlook, Word, Excel).
- A strong work ethic, attention to detail, ability to work independently with a high level of initiative, ability to multitask, and with strong interpersonal skills.
- Possess excellent customer service skills and an ability to relate to others in a positive, helpful, way.
- The position will be in our corporate head office in the heart of downtown Calgary, close to the business core and natural attractions of Prince’s Island Park and the Bow River Pathway System. Our space offers employees a great work environment that promotes physical and mental wellness.
- Primarily, work will be completed in a dedicated cubicle and shared meeting rooms.
- Periodic travel to field offices maybe required.
- Active listening
- Clear communication
- Detail oriented
- Critical thinking