Work location: Perth based (Hazelmere)
Roster: 5/2 Roster (Mon to Fri)
In support of company strong focus on green energy and our carbon neutrality targets, one of our key initiatives will be in our Heavy Industry projects whereby we will develop and test a range of technologies to power our mining fleet
Based out our new Hazelmere R&D facility and reporting to the Commissioning Manager Heavy Industry company WAE, we are presently looking for Electrical, Instrumentation and Conrtols Commissioning Lead
The role will be to support the Commissioning Manager and the project teams through the different phases of build completion and commissioning as per commissioning management plan.
Key accountabilities will include:
- Adhere to and effectively communicate project/protype safety procedures and policies
- Proactively intervene where safety deficiencies are identified and report them to the respective leadership team
- Promote safety within commissioning activities and verify that safety procedures are implemented and followed
- Lead, mentor and execute the use of the Commissioning Management Plan phases and tollgates. Including but not limited to Build Verification, Punch listing, Notice of Energisation (NOE), Functional Testing, Process Testing, Request for Commissioning (RFC), Commissioning Completion
- Review and lead the commissioning readiness by prototype/project, such as but not limited to; ITR Matrix development and population, ITR Reviews, supporting and mentoring ITR Completion, development and review of Commissioning Test Procedures (CTP)
- Support and assist build verification, pre-commissioning phases of the protoypes/projects
- Lead and execute phase 2 dry commissioning and phase 3 wet commissioning the protoypes/projects
- Lead and Facilitate the Ready for Commissioning (RFC) process to enable commissioning activities to commence for each prototype/project
- Lead and Support Notice of Energisation (NOE) readiness for each prototype/project
- Ensure electrical pre-commissioning and commissioning spare parts, consumables, equipment, special tools etc are sufficient and available in time to commence the phases of commissioning
- Ensure vendor requirements for pre-commissioning and commissioning have been captured through the design phases and are ready for build and commissioning phases of the prototype/project
- Lead, supervise and support the reporting of commissioning execution to ensure that all technical, contractual information is properly recorded, collected and available for inspection/reference as required by law regulations, company policies and company procedures
Qualifications and skills required:
- Tertiary qualification in Engineering Electrical or trade qualification
- Minimum 5 years of commissioning experience
- Demonstrate experience in leading a team
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficient in Excel, Word and outlook
- Demonstrate experience in working with Completion Management Systems (CMS)
Candidates must be able to bring a flexible mindset, challenge traditional thinking, and be prepared to work outside of their comfort zone.
Our values drive our culture and performance through a strong focus on safety, family and determination.
Our global workforce drives and promotes an inclusive culture, both within our organisation and throughout the communities we interact with across the world. Diverse backgrounds include First Nations Peoples, people with differing abilities, LGBTIQ+ community, gender, neuro diverse, cultural diversity, all age groups, and those with an intersectional or multiple diverse characteristics.