You will be supported by experienced designers located at site to ensure that you have hands on experience to complement your current experience.
This role is based at the Alcoa Wagerup site; the role requires the candidate to be based at the site office and self-travel to site 5 days a week. (Candidate’s journey needs to be under <1.5 hr one way to site).
There may be flexibility to work from home 1-2 days once up to speed with Alcoa process and site familiarisation subject to the site lead approval.
Responsibilities will include:
- Be involved with the delivery of electrical specific design and drafting services that meet applicable statutory and regulatory requirements.
- Meet design and drafting assignments on time and within budget.
- Provide support to the electrical engineers and project team.
- Identify issues and problems, develop appropriate solutions and ask for assistance when required.
- Have a full understanding & ability to perform specific design and drafting services on LV/HV & PLC electrical. equipment such as:
- Distribution Single Line diagrams
- Schematic & Termination diagrams
- Electrical Layout diagrams
- Conversion of Vendor diagrams
- Ability to identify and report changes to project scope.
- Prepare & create engineering drawings and documentation in accordance with associated checking procedures.
- Red-line engineering drawings and package up work packs for workshare implementation.
- Advanced Diploma of Engineering Technology - Electrical or an Electrical Tradesperson who has completed the Electrical Design, Drafting and Estimates course.
- Electrical License (highly regarded).
- Electrical and Instrumentation design and drafting experience in the Refinery/Resources Industry or similar industry (highly regarded).
- Experience in following software and tools:
- Microstation SE and or AutoCAD 18 and above.
- Microsoft Office and excel.
- Pro-active with excellent attention to detail.
- You can communicate effectively with all external and internal stakeholders.
- The ability to establish and maintain good working relationships.
- You ask the right questions to ensure that you are utilising the resources around you.
- You have a “hit the ground running” attitude.
- Effectively manage change to work tasks and the work environment.
- Demonstrate initiative and a strong willingness to learn.