Our client, a major petrochemical company, is seeking a Senior Electrical Engineer to work a 1-year contract in Fort Saskatchewan, AB
Schedule: Monday to Friday 8 hours or 9-80 (9 hours Mon-Thurs, Fri 8 hours, Every Second Fri Off)
You will be responsible for providing engineering support for electrical power distribution systems and equipment in the facility. You will be required to work on both high voltage and voltage levels less than 4160V, and be familiar with both international industry standards and Canadian Standards.
- Develop and implement electrical design solutions for power distribution systems and equipment in the petrochemical facility.
- Ensure compliance with international and Canadian electrical standards and codes.
- Conduct risk assessments and implement measures to mitigate identified electrical hazards.
- Provide technical support for maintenance and troubleshooting of electrical equipment.
- Collaborate with other engineers, technicians, and operations personnel to ensure safe and efficient operation of the facility.
- Develop project scopes, schedules, and budgets for electrical engineering projects.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or a related field.
- Registered with APEGA as a P.Eng.
- Minimum 15 years of experience in electrical engineering in a petrochemical facility.
- Knowledge of international and Canadian electrical standards and codes, including NEC, CSA, and IEEE.
- Experience with electrical power distribution systems and equipment, including transformers, switchgear, and motor control centers.
- Familiarity with electrical safety regulations and practices.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks based on risk, urgency and effort
If you are an experienced Electrical Engineer with a strong background in power distribution systems and equipment, and are familiar with international and Canadian electrical standards and codes, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.