Electrical Engineer – Houston, TX
Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process, and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry and the level of experience, exposure, and expertise that the organization has is unparalleled.
Our client is seeking a Sr. Electrical Engineer to work on site in Houston, TX for a one year assignment, initially.
This role is responsible for oversight of the design, specification, installation, commissioning, start up and operation of electrical equipment on LNG projects. This role will monitor EPC activities and ensure adherence to contractual requirements, equipment specifications and project schedule.
- Serves as the company’s electrical engineering subject matter expert during FEED, detailed design, procurement, construction, commissioning, start-up, and operation of projects.
- Collaborates with the Engineering team to ensure that facilities are designed to be safe, fit-for-purpose, and meet the specified operational standards.
- Reviews EPC contractor deliverables including data sheets, design bases, specifications, engineering calculations, vendor documents, engineering studies, reports, and scopes of work.
- Participates in design development, resolves design challenges, optimizes facility design, and identifies opportunities to positively impact CAPEX and OPEX costs.
- Contributes to the creation of data sheets, drawings, material requisitions, technical evaluations, and equipment specifications for all electrical equipment, such as HV and MV Gas Insulated switchgear, MV and LV Switchgear and MCC, UPS- and DC supply systems, HV-MV-LV industrial transformers, electric motors, generators, capacitor banks.
- Participates in technical evaluations, including process hazard analyses, 3D model reviews, and constructability reviews.
- Support all factory and site acceptance testing for major equipment such as large electrical synchronous/induction motors, VFDs, and transformers.
- Facilitates electrical equipment related technical discussions with partners such as equipment suppliers, regulators, and technology partners.
- Oversees the creation of comprehensive equipment monitoring and preservation programs and ensures their successful implementation to ensure target facility reliability and availability.
- Participates in commissioning activities such as walk-downs, inspections and pre start-up safety reviews.
- 7+ years experience in a similar role on a major oil, gas, petrochemical or heavy industrial project in either an EPC or operator capacity
- Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering
- Experience producing electrical data sheets/drawings, material requisitions, technical evaluations and commodity specifications
- Experience reviewing layout and hazardous area reviews to ensure equipment is installed in a safe, maintainable manner
- Experience with electrical modeling software and such as ETAP or SKM. Experience with typical electrical modeling software studies such as Load Flow, Protection & Coordination, Motor Starting, etc…
- Experience with critical electrical equipment typically included in rotating equipment packages such as electrical synchronous/induction motors, VFDs, and transformers.
- Experience with critical electrical operating, design, installation, and testing standards from NFPA, API, IEEE, ANSI, and NEMA
- Experience with Power Management Systems, Electrical Management Systems, or Electrical Control and Monitoring systems
- 3+ years experience on LNG liquefaction projects is preferred but not required