- Mentoring and Technical Guidance
- Active in the training and mentorship of younger engineers in the electrical engineering discipline, develops others to their full potential.
- Passes along knowledge and best practices, and influences EM electrical engineering technical networks around the world.
- Leads the development of annual work goals and opportunity lists.
- Opportunity Identification and Advancement
- Manage interface between EM and external parties in the electrical engineering space.
- Lead root cause failure analysis (RCFA) and incident investigations into major electrical downtime events to identify measures to enhance system reliability.
- Identify high-cost contributors, bad actors, and opportunities to reduce process interruptions.
- Bring forward and provide technical evaluation on opportunities for facility enhancement.
- Create and steward progress on Management of Change (MOC) items.
- Provide Technical Input to Operations, Maintenance, and Projects
- Identify and prioritize initiatives to maximize the benefit to the company, including the ability to calculate / quantify risk and benefit probabilities and magnitudes.
- Provide feedback to maintenance, operations, and projects on the status of key projects and program activity.
- Provide technical guidance to operations and maintenance on the installation, commissioning, overhaul, and modification of electrical system components.
- Provide key technical specification input into the selection of new materials or kit.
- Maintain Electrical System Integrity
- Program owner for Facility Integrity Management System (FIMS) Program 09 Electrical
- Define electrical system surveillance activities and tools to ensure ongoing equipment integrity, reliability, and availability.
- Identify data & capture/trending tools needed to monitor compressor efficiencies.
- Define practices and tools for trip & failure reporting, and RCFA.
- Develop strategy for implementing condition-based monitoring tools/programs.
- Develop and maintain a detailed knowledge of critical equipment.
- Develop ability to understand and review the following drawings.
- Control system schematics and loop diagrams
- P&ID's, isometric and plan/elevation drawings
- Develop equipment condition monitoring contacts.
- Role requires technical know-how and critical thinking in the engineering space. It does not include issuing purchase orders (PO) or other procurement scope, doing replace-in-kind maintenance activities, conducting preventative maintenance tests, etc. which would be typical of maintenance, planning, or procurement responsibilities.
REQUIRED SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
- Strong leadership and mentorship capabilities; capable of promoting productive impact across organizations through excellent oral and written communications.
- Demonstrated ability to integrate technical expertise, industry knowledge, and business experience / judgment to support the application and use of surveillance skills and tools.
- Familiar with ExxonMobil electrical integrity work process and procedures
- Able to constructively engage and influence “as part of the technical team”.
- Able to relate technical issues directly to business impacts and effectively communicate to all.
- Able to drive improvements in work processes, technology, and organization.
- Technical leader within Ops Tech function, with depth and breadth of the requisite technical skills and work experiences
- Able to lead development of key electrical system integrity plans while identifying and applying opportunities of lessons learned and best practices.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in external interactions in area of expertise.
- High level of experience with all the following subject areas for low/medium/high voltages: switchgears, electric motors and generators, transformers, substations, hazardous area equipment, batteries / UPS
- 4-year engineering degree in electrical discipline, with a strong electrical system-oriented experience
- Deep subject matter expertise
- 10+ years of relevant industry experience
If this sounds like you, register below and APPLY NOW!
Due to large volume of applications received, we will contact ONLY the shortlisted candidate. If you do not hear from us after two weeks of the closing date, please consider your application has not made into shortlist. However, we will keep your CV for future reference.
Application closes on the 19h of November 2023