Location: Whitby on site
Airswift are currently recruiting for a Electrical Field Engineer on a 12 month contract basis to join their project delivery team at their Whitby site.
The Field engineer is assigned to the field operations team and will assist in obtaining, evaluating and coordinating all information needed for the ground-up construction of Project in accordance with the contract documents and to assure that the work meets all safety standards, is within schedule requirements, and is constructed to the highest level of quality possible.
- Actively promotes and supports implementation of project safety culture, practices and procedures.
- Deliver a high standard engineering capability at Project level, ensuring a consistent and efficient approach is implemented at all times
- Provide specialist Project Engineering support to the Construction & Commissioning Teams on site.
- Study and become familiar with the relevant drawings, scope of work, specifications, materials and equipment schedules.
- Be familiar with applicable National and International standards and their application in the execution of the Project work.
- Undertake site assessment of design issues and develop solution for engineering, construction and commissioning
- Support site contractors with technical queries and facilitate development of solutions with the relevant stakeholders
- Be a conduit between site and remote engineering teams to facilitate quick resolution of issues and clarifications
- Assist in the development of the commissioning protocols that clearly describe the commissioning methodologies for the electrical equipment and manage & approve any proposed changes if required.
- Liaise with Sub-contractors, Vendors & Suppliers to ensure that they have full comprehension of the services and activities that they are to undertake. Arrange for such work to be carried out to support the overall schedule.
- Obtain necessary information from Engineering, Procurement and others to ensure construction and commissioning methodologies are sustainable and understood by Vendors, Suppliers & Sub-contractors and will support the execution sequence.
- Minimum HNC in a related Engineering subject.
- Relevant site and management experience in the Engineering Construction Industry.
- Ability to communicate effectively with the Stakeholders involved in the Project both verbally & in writing.
- Methodical work ethic; ensuring consistency in output.
- Capable of working independently.
- Fully conversant with Project Management Systems with extensive knowledge of site. field engineering/ Construction/Commissioning practices and procedures.
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Delivery focused and committed to achievement of project/company goals.