- Stays current on ER regulatory compliance issues, industry standards & codes of practice and provide ongoing liaison with regulatory representatives.
- Focuses on systems and processes to ensure that emergency plans are effective, risk based, and in compliance with appropriate standards and regulations.
- Coordinates and administers internal emergency preparedness training standards and the emergency response plans.
- Develops, implements, and where required, instructs management and operating staff in emergency management techniques.
- Serves as a resource to the Operations Leaders in developing and verifying risk based sustainable emergency preparedness.
- Interacts with other teams (i.e.: Public Affairs, Environment, Sustainable Development, HSE, Operations, Well Engineering & Operations) to ensure that requirements are met in the most efficient manner.
- Identifies areas for process improvement and recommend changes in the flow or execution of work to minimize risk and improve efficiency.
- Participates as an active member of field and management emergency response teams during any incident.
- Participates in approved industry associations and activities on matters related to ConocoPhillips Emergency Preparedness objectives.
- Intermediate level, typically 3-5 years of experience.
- Moving towards full competency.
- Requires a broader, general understanding of discipline.
- Identifies problems and develops potential solutions.
- Makes decisions within well-defined parameters.