This role entails the responsibility for conceiving new assets and supporting existing systems, encompassing natural gas pipelines, stations, and valve installations. The engineer will be tasked with specifying materials for piping, valves, metering, pressure and flow regulation equipment, gas heaters, and other gas monitoring and conditioning apparatus. Additionally, the engineer will be involved in designing systems and overseeing the design work carried out by engineering design firms for larger projects. Daily tasks involve the creation of standards, drafting procedures, and collaboration with field and office personnel and other resources to strategize, design, bid, and execute the construction of various gas facilities.
Individuals at this level are expected to address more intricate challenges in specialized engineering areas with minimal supervision. They are presumed to possess advanced skills and the capability to work independently, effectively applying fundamental concepts and procedures to progressively complex and diverse tasks.
Responsibilities & Duties
Operating with limited supervision, the Project Engineer
- Offers engineering/technical expertise and guidance in identifying, analyzing, and resolving problems of expanding scope and complexity.
- Contributes to team decision-making in achieving business goals through effective planning, organizing, estimating, scheduling, and monitoring of work activities; handles changing priorities and varying situations, making decisions that may impact the team's work.
- Produces thorough and accurate technical reports, correspondence, documentation, calculations, and sketches related to well-defined problems and analyses of increasing scope and complexity.
- Conducts engineering and related studies; completes routine engineering projects with minimal oversight and an increasing ability to independently manage project schedules and interfaces; becomes more adept at designing, operating, and maintaining systems with moderate impact on existing systems.
- Possesses and applies fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures; demonstrates proficiency in technical and analytical competencies.
- Cultivates positive working relationships to efficiently coordinate work activities.
- Demonstrates effective oral and written communication skills.
- Maintains accurate records and files.
- Supports the company's goals and represents the company positively and professionally.
- Graduation from a four-year college or university with a Bachelor of Science in Engineering from an ABET accredited program or state registration as a Professional Engineer. A Master's degree in engineering will be considered in lieu of the B. S. engineering degree.
- Minimum of 6 years of engineering experience or 5 years of engineering experience with state registration as a Professional Engineer. Experience must have been attained at a "Fully Meets" performance level.
- Proficient in engineering theories and principles.
- Proficient in practices of researching engineering and design issues, evaluating alternatives, making sound recommendations, and preparing and presenting recommendations.
- Ability to interact with individuals from various socio-economic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Registered Professional Engineer (PE) or passing grade on the Engineering Fundamentals (FE/EIT) exam with the intention to achieve registration as a Professional Engineer.
- Familiarity with piping and instrumentation diagrams (P&ID).
- Mechanical and electrical troubleshooting experience.
- Understanding of basic principles of project management.
- Three or more years of natural gas or energy industry engineering, operations, or construction experience.
- Knowledge of CFR 49 Part 192 - Federal Safety Standards for the Transportation of Natural Gas by Pipeline.
- Proficiency in principles of project management.
Please apply directly to Madison.Lazar@airswift.com