Paris, Paris, France
Oil & Gas - FPSO
December 14, 2023
Airswift is currently looking for Engineering LNG Geotechnical Services to work with our Client O&G Operator.
Starting date: January 2024
Location: Paris, France
Duration: 12 months renewable contract
Project : Marsa LNG Project
The MARSA LNG BUNKERING project will develop in Oman a regional hub for LNG bunkering service to ultimately supply LNG as fuel to marine vessels. The feed gas will come from COMPANY’s equity gas entitlement of Greater Barik field located in Block 10
Task to be performed:
Accountable for all matters related to the Geotechnical engineering, fit for purpose and with full respect to the Statement of Requirement with approved changes.
• Represents the Company technical authority for this discipline.
• Prepares and suggests technical content of essential studies to initiate EPC contractor action and conformity with state of the art in LNG plant design.
• Supervises all subcontracted studies and provides support to other packages with the support of Head Quarters specialist.
• Ensure Geotechnical choices take into account constructability, operability and flexibility of the facilities
• Proposes recommendations on technical deviation requests and keeps updated the documentation related to the Geotechnical discipline.
• Participates to studies required by third parties as required.
• Communicates and applies the H3SE policies of the COMPANY and ensure the engineering is developed accordingly.
• Ensures the correct implementation of Company rules and specifications (CR’s/ GS’s), Project specifications, relevant international standards and any applicable regulations requirements.
• Leads the review of the CONTRACTOR’ key deliverables such as: Geotechnical investigation report, GI PO review consolidate comments from the other engineering disciplines and operations.
• Ensure the quality and completeness of Geotechnical designs/ packages Final Documentation (deliverables both from the Contractor and the Vendors) in compliance with Project Scope of Work, Specifications and Procedures
• Reports potential impact on overall project strategy, planning and target achievement.
• Promotes workshops with the HQ specialist and or contractor’s specialist in order to ensure COMPANY concepts and comments are well understood and quickly integrated in technical documents.
• Guides EPC CONTRACTOR main design selection in a Fit-for-Purpose approach in order to reach an optimized design. Accordingly, he promotes and follow until approval the deviation request to COMPANY requirements in the main time.
Ensures through efficient review the good respect of the applicable frame of reference.
• Participates actively to proper interface management with other civil, structural, .. studies carried out during the EPSCC phase.
• Reviews and comments the key technical documents of the interfacing disciplines such as Civil ... as well as project procedures, if required.
• Participates to the Project PR. • Provides its technical inputs to any contractual discussions with EPC Contractor.
• Participates actively to proper interface management with all Marsa LNG contractor (TANK, SIPC, OQGN, etc)
• Call for/Participate to interfaces coordination activities and ensure synergies are developed between the different Contractors
• Ensure design validity and coherence with other disciplines and throughout the LNG Facilities.
• Get knowledge of the Omani norms and practices and use it in project when relevant.
• Prepare REX and Lessons Learnt all along the FEED.
• Contribute to personnel skills improvement and encourage knowledge transfer
• Diploma: Chartered Geotechnical Engineer - with large onshore plants
• Proven expertise in EPSCC stage of LNG projects,
• Good teamwork, strong minded, previous team Management desirable
• Expertise in project development in Oman and methods used to submit dossier to state expertise, permitting process, technical approval, Omani norms and standards, are all either an advantage or to progressively acknowledge and incorporate.
• Fluency in English is required
The MARSA LNG BUNKERING project will develop in Oman a regional hub for LNG bunkering service to ultimately supply LNG as fuel to marine vessels. The feed gas will come from COMPANY’s equity gas entitlement of Greater Barik field located in Block 10.