Environmental Coordinator – TanzaniaAirswift is seeking an Environmental Coordinator to work on a 12 - months assignment in Tanzania with a major EPC Company.
Brief Job Overview
As a leading global provider of engineering, procurement and construction management expertise to the energy, chemicals, and resources sectors we are looking to expand our team on the EACOP Project and have partnered with Airswift to support our recruitment plans in 2022.
We are recruiting for an Environmental Coordinator to join our project team in Uganda on a rotational basis. The role is likely to start immediately on a business visit basis for a brief period before mobilising on a rotational assignment (8/2). The successful individual will be engaged on a long-term contract basis, to support the EACOP Project (East Africa Crude Oil Pipeline Project) - an EPcmC 1,500km pipeline project across Uganda and Tanzania, with a Main Storage Terminal and Jetty in Tanzania.
- The Environmental Coordinator will report to the Environmental Methods Lead on the project and will have the following responsibilities:
- Develops or provides inputs to the development of the construction environmental management plans as required.
- Monitors and inspects contractors’ day to day construction activities to ensure all are performed in accordance with all projects applicable permit conditions, environmental management condition and mitigation requirements.
- Monitors all project related facilities, camps, waste management areas, STP, access roads, etc.
- Consults daily with EPC Contractor’s site personnel. Effectively provides guidance, as required, regarding compliance requirements and corrective actions.
- Consults with the contractors’ environmental team to ensure on-going project compliance
- Ensures all required samplings/testing are done as required
- Issues non-compliance for the breaches in permit/mitigation requirements.
- Assists in the review and close out of rectifications arising from daily inspections, audits, or compliance review process.
- Provides and maintains daily inspection reports with photos.
- Consults with immediate supervisor, highlighting areas of concern, NCRs, incidents, etc
- Environmental experience in the pipeline industry
- Excellent English communication skills (oral and written)
- Ability to understand and explain all project environmental requirements
- Physical ability to work in the field and conduct inspection in difficult terrain
- Effective communication and interaction with construction crews in the field and management teams.
- Concise report writing daily.
- Proven experience in one or more of commercial management, prime contract management, project controls, contracts/supply chain or project management
- Staff management experience (knowledge transfer)
- Excellent communications skills
- Ability to use MS Office (word, excel, Outlook, Power point) competently
- Understanding of Time / Distance planning programs
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to travel as and when required
- High level of safety awareness
- A strong communication, networking, collaboration, and well-developed team-working skills, especially in multi-discipline and multi-cultural teams.
- An ‘Incident Free’ mind-set and be a role model for their project team (Direct/Indirect hires).
- A full understanding of how all elements of the project scope integrate and interface with each other and are managed to successfully deliver the right project outcome
- A high focus on identifying and delivering the identified deliverables, which meet project expectations from a quality and performance perspective, with minimal integration challenges to current operations.
- Excellent teamwork & skills being able to collaborate with the various sub-teams to resolve issues and reach decisions that are in the best interests of the integrated project team.
- An ability to work effectively in a diverse, multidisciplinary team environment, including Interface management experience, within facilities, and across other functions.
- Strong Team Building, Development and Mentoring skills,
Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process, and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry.