KEY ROLEReporting to the Lead/Senior Cost Estimator, Azerbaijan, Georgia & Turkey (AGT), the cost estimator will provide cost estimating services focusing on, but not limited to, AGT projects. The cost estimator represents the Company and it’s Vision & Guiding Principles while supporting Estimating team in the calculation of material quantity requirements, gathering and preparing routine estimating data and compiling data for use in bid proposal estimates. The cost estimator assists to produce project cost estimates and supporting information for all stages of projects and provide assurance that Cost Estimating process is being carried out in accordance with the client Cost Estimating Procedure and guidelines
- Must be a self-starter to operate on a daily basis.
- Track record on project controls.
- Ability to work well in a team environment of mixed-experience, mixed-nationality cost engineers in the UK, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Egypt & Oman.
- Good communication skills in English language.
- Excellent inter-personal skills and behaviours.
- IT literacy, including experience of using MS Office applications: Power Point, Power BI.
- Higher National Certificate/ Higher National Diploma
Degree in Science, Engineering or technical discipline (e.g. Quantity Surveying)
EXPERIENCEExperience and accountabilities, relevant to the job description described herein, gained on similar offshore/onshore/subsea oil & gas projects:
- 1+ years of progressively responsible experience in the oil & gas industry.
- A satisfactory combination of education and experience.
- Experience interfacing and working together with owner and contractor project controls personnel.
RESPONSIBILITIES & OBJECTIVESHSE
- Demonstrate strong adherence to HSE standards by actively engaging client and contractors’ teams with actions that contribute to delivering on client ’s HSE expectations.
Plans & Procedures
- Help to review and implement the project cost estimating procedure.
- Ensure compliance with financial, business and project processes.
- Demonstrate behaviours which promote a safe working environment.
- Maintain working relationships with Project Controls, project teams, Global Concept Development (GCD), stakeholders, partners, functional experts and advisors.
- Assist estimating team to prepare CAPEX cost estimates ranging from Order of Magnitude through to detailed Project Sanction Estimates, preliminary budgets, conceptual estimates and detailed estimates for projects of varying size and complexity, including materials price list, labour cost and equipment.
- Participate in progress meetings and presentations as required.
- Local Cost Benchmarking - Help maintain historical cost database and apply learning for improved project performance.
- Actively utilize the local cost database to measure project estimate performance.
- Be familiar with scope development best practice and fit-for-purpose parametric, conceptual material take-off (MTO), and detailed MTO estimating techniques.
- Support Lead/Senior Estimator with external and internal project assurance reviews including cost risk analysis using both deterministic and probabilistic (Monte Carlo) risk techniques.
- Assist on to identify, analyze, and respond to project opportunities, risks, and uncertainties.
- Maintain compliance with client Published Guidelines and Common Processes as it relates to estimating and controls.
- Support project teams with stage-gate process and deliverables. Work with Project Team resources to complete all closeout requirements including lessons learned exercises.
- Other duties as assigned.