Airswift has been tasked by one of our major Oil and Gas clients to seek an External Affairs Advisor to work in their facilities located in Dakar, Senegal.
- Location: Dakar, Senegal
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: 1 year contract
- Eligibility: Senegalese citizen
- Language: English/French
Purpose of the role
To provide direct support to the External Affairs Manager to strengthen engagement with government, the wider political arena and other key stakeholders including local authorities and civil society. Play a central role in helping to build collaborative and strong partnerships between the client and its stakeholders, manage and review the stakeholder engagement plan, brief management in advance of stakeholder meetings and identify trends and risks in the stakeholder matrix.
- Support the delivery of all government, policy and regulatory activities in Senegal
- Develop and maintain stakeholder relationship maps at national, regional and local levels to inform high level advocacy - create briefing documents to support engagement with key stakeholders ?
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Personal attributes, skills, training and experience
- The External Affairs Advisor should inspire respect and confidence in community leaders.
- He/she must be resilient, empathetic and have a high degree of personal integrity.
- They must have the ability to remain calm under pressure and be patient
- A good working knowledge of French and English.
- Fluency in Wolof and Pulaar is a plus.
- Ability to write concisely and accurately in the language of the project
- University level or above, preferably in a subject that reflects knowledge and awareness of social, political, economic and/or development issues.
- This could be a subject such as socio-economic development, human geography or anthropology
- At least 5 years' experience in external affairs or community affairs, including at least 3 years supporting projects in Senegal.
If you are interested and think you have the right profile, please apply!
Consultant: Rachel Marques at email@example.com