Airswift is seeking a Fermentation Technician to work with a major company in Houston, TX, on a 6 month contract.
As a Fermentation Technician, you will be responsible for supporting the day-to-day fermentation processes in our organization.
- Execute and monitor microbial fermentation processes according to established protocols and standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Prepare and sterilize fermentation equipment, media, and culture vessels.
- Disassemble, clean, and reassemble fermentation equipment in a timely manner.
- Set up and maintain fermentation systems, ensuring proper aeration, temperature, pH, and nutrient levels.
- Monitor and record critical process parameters, including biomass growth, dissolved oxygen, pH, temperature, and other relevant variables.
- Assist team members with troubleshooting fermentation-related issues and take corrective actions when necessary to maintain process performance and product quality.
- Support the development and optimization of fermentation protocols and strategies.
- Maintain detailed records of fermentation activities through an electronic lab notebook.
- Follow site SOPS, adhere to safety guidelines, and ensure compliance.
- Keeping a clean and tidy working environment.
- Bachelor's degree in microbiology, biochemistry, fermentation science, or a related field.
- Proven experience in aerobic microbial fermentations, ideally in an industrial or research setting.
- Solid understanding of aerobic microbial fermentation principles, processes, and techniques.
- Hands on experience with the operation and maintenance of benchtop bioreactors (Eppendorf, Sartorius, Infors, etc.), related control software and instrumentation is a must.
- Ability to interpret and analyze fermentation data, troubleshoot issues, and make appropriate adjustments.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to follow protocols and SOPs accurately.
- Proficient in aseptic techniques (BSLI & BSL2) for microbial growth as well as testing.
- Effective communication and teamwork skills, with the ability to collaborate with multidisciplinary teams.
- Strong sense of self-motivation and ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Promote safety in all areas of work and adhere to good laboratory practices.