Location: Beringen, Belgium
Contract duration: initial 12 month contract, with option to extend.
Contract type: hourly rate basis (all-inclusive)
Start Date: ASAP
Recruitment Partner: Airswift
Account Manager: Ryan Kirkpatrick
As a leading global provider of engineering, procurement and construction management expertise to the energy, chemicals, and resources sectors we are proud to be in a position to expand our team in Belgium, and have partnered with Airswift to support our recruitment objectives in 2024.
We have an opportunity for a Field Commissioning Manager to be based on site in Beringen, Belgium; the successful candidate(s) will be engaged on an initial 12 month contract, with the option for further contract renewals, supporting a portfolio of projects within the energies, process and decarbonization space.
- Responsible for the management and safe execution of all cold commissioning (non-hydrocarbon dynamic) activities
- Our Customer expects a strong coordinated Completions and Commissioning management process.
- Reporting directly to the Customer Operations Manager, the Commissioning Manager will follow the agreed Completions Framework to deliver a seamless facility testing, commissioning and start up process that focuses on the Operator. This will enable early identification of risk to personnel, environment, plant and equipment, schedule and budget, as well as all Stakeholder reputation.
- The candidate will be able to plan and execute a structured delivery to Hot Commissioning and/or Operator.
- Responsible for the application of Project safety management systems during the planning and execution of Commissioning and Startup project phases, adapting them to the specific needs and any unique risks
- Responsible for health, safety and environmental performance for all personnel and facilities under their control during Commissioning
- Responsible for the development and implementation of detailed execution plan for dynamic testing activities, including schedule and budget fully integrated with the project schedule and budget including:
- System and sub-system scoping
- Commissioning procedures
- Commissioning Division of Responsibility matrix
- Interface Management
- Turnover Completions Package index correlated with Commissionable systems
- Handover procedures, including acceptance tests, forms, and work processes
- System testing procedures
- Specialty Cleaning
- FAT/SAT coordination for commissioning
- Resourced Commissioning Schedule
- Resource Staffing Plan
- Commissioning Raw materials, intermediates and spares list
- Risk Management (system specific) and mitigations
- Permit to Work system
- Responsible for the acceptance of pre-commissioning and mechanical completion from construction
- Coordinates the commissioning witnessing/assistance of pre-commissioning activities from construction
- Coordinates the preparation of the detailed area and system commissioning plans
- Responsible for the overall Commissioning team and to oversee the recruitment, mobilization, training, supervision and de-mobilization of personnel
- Responsible for the safe and timely execution of all Commissioning activities and integration of these activities with both Project and Operations
- Responsible for managing interfaces with Construction and Commissioning Managers and their respective teams
- Coordinates with Engineering to ensure that Commissioning and Start-up Engineering deliverables are met.
- Responsible to ensure that all documentation relevant to the Commissioning phase is received by the Project. This includes, but not limited to O&M manuals, Training materials, Engineering databases for O&M systems upload, spares lists and spares
- Responsible for the coordination of vendor representatives required during Commissioning
- Responsible for the development and communication of the requirements and timing for materials, resources and external services for Commissioning and ensures these requirements are secured.
- Responsible for the development and execution of the Specialty Cleaning Plan.
- Responsible for management of the Project Preservation Program during commissioning
- Works closely with the Project Management Team to ensure the requirements for the Commissioning phase are clearly communicated and understood
- Leads daily and weekly progress review meetings
- Liaises through the owner with Statutory Authorities on matters associated with plant start-up
- Assists during the Hot Commissioning and Performance Testing phase
- Ensures complete alignment between Pre-Commissioning, Cold Commissioning, Hot Commissioning phases
- The position requires considerable management, influence, and communications skills to establish and communicate the systems required for successful execution of the Commissioning scope.
- The position requires significant contractual and technical experience, as well as a solid foundation in project completion management practices.
- The candidate requires knowledge, skills and ability to manage a diverse group of technical, project and operating personnel.
- A Bachelor's degree in an applicable Engineering field and/or a minimum of 10 years of directly relevant work experience is required.
- This position requires a minimum of 10 years of professional experience in a commissioning or area manager role, including Completions and Commissioning of complex installations in order to effectively lead, supervise and resolve execution issues on a day to day basis.
- Must exhibit a strong track record of completion and success in delivery of commissioning and projects.
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Able to read, understand and interpret EPC, EPCM, Works Contractor Contracts with regards to Completions and Commissioning.
- Clear thinker, able to divide a job into small logical steps
- Extensive experience in the use of procedures and workflows in the execution of projects
- Experience in the use of Completions Management Systems (databases)
- Functional knowledge of all project discipline systems, design and reporting processes
- Good working knowledge of design review and reporting technologies
- Fluent English required, Dutch language beneficial