Airswift has been tasked by a Major Manufacturing Company to find Field Technicians 2 with expertise in Electrical and Software in Wisconsin. This is a Full-time Permanent position, not available for C2C or visa sponsorship.
Location: Oshkosh, Madison & Appleton Wisconsin
- At least 2 years of experience fixing, setting up, and handling big machinery
- Background in stuff like machines and electricity
- Knowing your way around PLCs and being able to work with them, figure out issues, and make changes.
- Finished high school or something similar
- Need to have a valid driver's license and a good driving history
- Be ready to travel a lot, up to 95% of the time, including some nights and weekends away from home
If you've got any of these qualifications, feel free to apply:
- A good grasp of things like mechanical, hydraulic, electrical, and pneumatic parts
- Being able to make sense of tricky tech info about machines and electronics, like diagrams and engineering paperwork
- Experience with AB PanelView and different types of HMI programming and problem-solving
- Configuring and programming Variable Frequency Drives (VFDs)
- Having worked with PLC programming is a bonus
- Fully understanding how Servo drive motors work and how to set them up
- An Associate or Bachelor's degree in Mechatronics would be great.
- Having a degree in Electrical Engineering (EE), Electrical Engineering Technology (EET), Electrical Engineering and Computer Science (EECS), or Industrial Electronics is also a plus.
- Field Service Technicians are required to travel to client sites to provide a wide range of equipment lifecycle management services. This includes tasks such as installations, diagnostics, preventive maintenance, commissioning, and offering upgrades or modernizations.
- Execute field service calls at client locations to render services, encompassing installation, commissioning, urgent repairs, technical assistance, proactive maintenance, inspections, retrofits, and training.
- Perform mechanical and electrical troubleshooting for PLC programs and servo drive configurations.
- Meet service delivery objectives, including response time, first-time fix rates, and customer satisfaction metrics.
- Sustain meticulous and timely documentation of all service activities.
- Provide feedback on equipment reliability to quality engineering teams and collaborate on improvement initiatives.
- Actively engage in cross-training and collaborate with multifunctional teams from other operative companies.
Interviews are being conducted immediately so feel free to apply or contact Hugo Dopheide at firstname.lastname@example.org