Our Energy client is hiring a Finance Advisor to work within their facilities in Perth, WA on an initial of 6-months casual contract role.
Position: Finance Advisor
Duration: 6 months contract
Location: Perth, WA
Schedule: 5/2 & 8 hours per day
Finance Advisors serve as the face of Finance for opportunities or challenges prioritised based on value and risk. They are involved in a broad range of business activities for performance unit, to develop opportunities to improve performance and manage risk primarily over the current year and the 3-year outlook. They are responsible for the delivery of Finance capability required to support a set of clearly defined business outcomes across multiple activities/assets.
This role forms part of the Finance Team, who collectively manage finance activities. Over the coming years the integration of facility is under development, requiring significant change to business and finance processes to accommodate multiple fields and multiple JVs gas resources to be processed on the facility, in addition to the major construction project to be managed.
This role will include a variety of activities/opportunities assigned to them by the Pool (Finance) Manager based on Value/Risk. Some specific examples include;
- Setup and change management of new and existing finance processes and supporting documentation to incorporate (ie. multi venture cost sharing and inventory management)
- Continuous improvement projects on the near-term forecasting process
Skills & Requirements:
- The ability to partner and quickly build trust with various stakeholders. You will be able to rapidly develop understanding of the specific business context to propose solutions.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, and the ability to construct high quality professional process documentation.
- Project management skills and flexibility given the support across multiple activities/assets. The ability to self-manage and prioritise accordingly.
- Significant financial modelling experience (including the ability to design and develop processes and tools with minimal supervision)
- Extensive experience of planning & forecasting (particularly in a Capital Project context)
- Commercial awareness and experience of working with Joint Venture Partners
- Continuous Improvement experience an advantage
- SAP and Power BI experience an advantage
If you would like to be considered for the position, please apply direct to this advertisement with your CV & contact details. Or send the same to firstname.lastname@example.org