Airswift is working with a leading company to find a Fire Protection Engineer to join their team in a long contract in Monrovia, CA with benefits!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- With-in the Fire Protection Group performs conventional and moderately engineering, design, analysis, or other technical tasks utilizing current technology and available standards, templates, and cataloged products with minimal supervision.
- May perform in a technical leadership role, coordinating and instructing others in the production of customer-focused engineering services that meet established project requirements.
- Implements the Company Procedures while seeking improvements to work process and design/engineering approaches.
- Must be diligent, schedule driven and confident and engaging when presenting to clients.
- Recognized engineer within the Mechanical group uses best practices to solve functional issues and improve programs and/or processes in support of organizational business challenges.
- Has technical competency in adherence to Corporate, local, regulatory codes and standards, adherence to engineering laws and guidelines.
- Relies on systemic thinking and understanding of broader organizational implications of the work being performed to solve problems.
- Will be required to develop/support specifications, data sheets, technical bids, purchase orders, support resolving technical queries from vendors, able to coordinate project requirements with other disciplines, project staff and clients.
- Will be required to maintain quality deliverables through-out the procurement of the equipment.
- Will be required to support work share activities with overseas offices on various equipment deliverables. Possible site visits.
*2+ years Fire Protection experience in the Oil and Gas Industry.
*Proficient with NFPA Standards and codes.
*Proficient in Hydraulic software modeling using PIPENET
*Extensive experience with Pumps, Hydrants, Spray connection and Fire water tankage equipment.
*Proficient in the Engineering/design and calculations for gas detection and suppression systems
*Able size fire water deluge, spray and foam systems and all associated equipment.
*Able to generate specifications and data sheets for requisitioning of Fire and Gas fighting Equipment, work with equipment vendors to confirm code and NFPA compliance.
*Ability to understand the different stages of Engineering Development and deliverables during Pre-FEED, FEED and detail design of large capital projects.
*Able to manage/facilitation and participation in safety studies like HAZID/ENVID, HAZOP.
*Ability to work in a team orientated project, with good verbal and written communications in English.
* NFPA (National Fire Protection Agency) certification
*Able to engineer Hazardous area classification schedules and layouts for aiding equipment selection suitable for use in hazardous (flammable) environments.
*PE in any State