Construction Project Manager – Virginia
Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process, and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry and the level of experience, exposure, and expertise that the organization has is unparalleled.
Our client is seeking a Construction Project Manager to work in Richmond, VA for a 10-month assignment, initially (with possible extensions).
This role will be field assigned during the construction of the high voltage facilities (substation, generation tie line etc.) associated with new generation projects (solar, battery storage etc.). Projects will typically be 6 to 9 months in duration and be located in Virginia. The successful candidate will have 10+ years experience with high voltage construction and construction oversite.
- Inspection and monitoring of contractor's construction work for compliance with the company’s Safety requirements.
- Contract documents, Policies, and Procedures (quality, safety, schedule, specifications and environmental).
- Monitors schedule and reports to management on project status including weekly regular progress reports.
- Coordinates and communicates with internal and external partners regarding major construction projects and their impact.
- Assist Project Manager to identify, correct and prevent construction quality issues and schedule delays.
- May support Project Engineers with constructability reviews of engineering drawings
- Attends safety meetings and ensures safety is the top priority on all construction projects.
- Understands, recognizes, and recommends corrections on potential environmental issues before they occur.
- Understands and executes current construction processes and procedures.
- Exercises positive communication with internal and external partners regarding construction projects.
- Required OSHA 10 Certification
- High Voltage (HV) experience
- Substation construction experience
- Project Management (PM) experience
- 10+ years experience Preferred
We can only accept applications from individuals with the legal right to work in / based in the USA. This is a W2 contract.