Our client is seeking a Project Manager based in Warm Springs, VA on a 1 year minimum contract assignment.
Our client is seeking a Project Manager at the nation's largest pumped storage hydroelectric station. This would include but is not limited to managing capital projects from early development through execution to closing. Most projects would be capital projects but there may occasionally be non-capital projects as well. This would also include capital budget development support. Power station experience is a must, hydro experience is also a must. Ideally, we are looking for utility project managers with experience in FERC/Dam regulatory projects. If a candidate has experience with FERC/Dam regulatory projects please highlight that experience on the resume. Candidates must be highly motivated, be able to work with minimum supervision, and have effective communication skills. Candidates must be able to qualify for work in the field including confined space, climbing stairs and ladders, wearing a respirator, etc.
- Ensure all projects are executed with Safety and Environmental Compliance as the primary focus of all personnel supporting his/her projects.
- Manages or supports specific phases of major projects including project development support, site development, permitting support (air, water, state, local, etc.), scope development, major contract negotiations (equipment, engineering, EPC, etc), engineering, procurement, and construction contracts, construction activities, commissioning and transition to operation.
- Manages all phases of smaller improvement projects including permitting, contract negotiations, engineering contracts, construction contracts, construction activities and commissioning.
- Develops and manages overall project budget and schedule for major and smaller projects.
- Manage the approved project financial spend plan and cost forecast, making decisions to meet project financial goals.
- Manage contracts / commercial aspects of the project with the Clients suppliers and contractors.
- Utilize the PM Tollgate process to manage the various stages of the project.
- Manage all project related administrative requirements as per PM process.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in project management, relevant technologies, and leadership in the assigned project areas.
- Working knowledge of power generation and pollution control equipment. General knowledge of construction and operational field work practices, equipment utilization and work component scheduling.
- Familiarity with OSHA scaffolding requirements and industry safety practices.
- Strong team building skills, demonstrated skill and ability in effectively leading teams to achieve project goals and milestones.
- Demonstrates skill in planning, organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work to meet construction deadlines.
- Demonstrated capability in handling multiple distinct projects at one time.
- Effective negotiation skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including interpersonal, facilitation, and presentation capabilities.
- Ability to develop, manage and monitor project performance to ensure results meet project requirements and schedules.
- Ability to coordinate the resolution of technical problems and implement changes.
- Ability to work and develop rapport with all levels of management and staff.
- Ability to represent the project and the company in public forums
- Skilled in problem solving, attention to detail. Skilled in comparing construction specifications and material requirements to physical and material work products.
- Skilled in reading and interpreting manuals, technical instructions and drawings, with an ability to accurately prepare brief written reports.
- Skilled in use of personal computer and Microsoft software (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- BS degree in Engineering, Business or Construction Management preferred
- 7+ years of industry experience in the field of construction, engineering, and/or management with a minimum of 3 years demonstrated experience in project management.