Overall job purpose:
- Guides and supports discipline engineers throughout Bid-EPCI-Operation phases to ensure the design implementation of process safety principles to avoid any major accidental events during operation phase.
- To support Global Process Safety Manager/TA to define, develop, and maintain the company’s concepts, philosophy, procedures, guidance. When required, review and approve engineering deliverables of Process Safety efficiently according to the specified technical requirements and provide Technical Expert advice. Evaluate, review and approve deviations to the company’s corporate standards.
- Develops/maintains corporate guidance and provide technical expert review and advice on FPSO HSSE Design Philosophy, Corporate Safety Design Standard and Performance Standards for all SCEs identified for the project.
- Develops/maintains corporate guidance and provide technical expert advice when required on arrangement of active fire protection (including coverage), escape route, life saving appliances, fire and gas detectors locations (coverage), PAGA Layout, hazardous area classification and schedule, General Arrangement, exhausts and vents location, Process PFD, P&ID, Marine P&ID, HVAC D&IDs, ESD Philosophy/hierarchy, F&G and ESD C&E, PFP philosophy/spec/drawings, firewater hydraulic analysis (ring main, deluge, cargo deck foam) and surge analysis, and safety layout.
- Develops/maintains corporate guidance and provide technical expert advice when required on safety risk assessment such as HAZID, HAZOP, FRA, ERA, and QRA, exhaust gas and vent dispersion analysis, dropped object analysis, ship collision analysis, F&G detector mapping study, Evacuation, Temporary Refuge Rescue Analysis (ETRERA), predictive noise study, RAM study, Structural fire risk analysis, Emergency Systems Survivability Analysis (ESSA), Human Factors Analysis, SIL assessment, and ALARP Evaluation, 2D vent dispersion study, and any other Technical Notes.
- Develops and maintains corporate guidance and provide technical expert advice on the in-
- house calculation such as the fire water and foam demand, fire water hydraulic and 2D cargo vent dispersion using PHAST software, etc.
- Anticipates potential problems and takes preventive actions and handles variations in project execution by discussion with Global Process Safety Manager/TA. Develop unique solutions for complex technical problems that may include new design concept.
- Provide technical expert advice when required on management of change and conduct follow up risk assessments where required
- Provides technical/engineering support and advice to BID/FEED projects, Construction/Commissioning work at site, including Operations phase, trouble shoots and follows up with stakeholders to rectify the gaps or problems. Where necessary, provide off- site support and advice.
- Provides process safety input on Lessons Learnt and incident investigation.
- Keep updating new industry Process Safety and Loss Prevention subject and share with the team
- Conducts specific studies to improve the company’s process safety design or methodology of risk assessment
- Supports Global Process Safety Manager/TA to arrange and facilitate Process Safety Steering Committee
- Maintains master data base of SCE Performance Standards and generic Bowtie Diagram
- Develop and manage process safety training
Qualifications & Experience
- Educational Qualification: Bachelor in Naval Architect/Chemical Engineering/Environmental Engineering or higher. Alternatively, Diploma in Engineering.
- More than 18 years of relevant working experience in Technical Safety, loss prevention and/or Process Safety engineering in oil and gas sector.
- Is aware of applicable industry standards, Company standards, specifications and procedures for his/her functional area.
- Is competent in understanding on process safety inputs as well as accurate usage of data extraction sheet during preparation of process safety deliverables