We are working with a Major Oil & Gas operator to source for Head of Commissioning - MEG & BERTH. The position will be based at site and is responsible for overseeing pre-Commissioning & Commissioning activities to ensure EPC Contractor delivery of all aspects of planning and execution of systems completions including pre-commissioning and commissioning activities.
This is a long-term contract role working on a residential basis 6-days per week / 10 hours per day. Please see details below:
Title: Head of Commissioning - MEG & BERTH
Start Date: Negotiable (typically within 1 month notice)
Duration: 36 months (potential for extension)
Location: Site (Ras Laffan Industrial City), Qatar
Working Schedule: 6-days per week / 10 hours per day
- Reports to Commissioning Division Manager EPC-3 / EPC-4.
- Provides pre-comm/comm expertise, for planning and execution and leadership driving EPC contractor to deliver in accordance with project deliverables and execution schedule.
- Directs the preparation and stewardship of pre-comm/comm scope of work in EPC contract, supports contractor by helping address gaps, coordinate with operations and other disciplines within the team.
- Maintains close liaison with members of Engineering, quality, construction and operations Teams to deliver clear plans and efficient execution.
- Accountable for ensuring execution of work is technically aligned and in compliance with project objectives and specification.
- Manages EPC Contractor's pre-comm/comm activities including validation of resources, personnel qualifications and experience; usage of appropriate tools; adherence to project objectives, requirements, specifications, and verification processes.
- Assesses and validates EPC Contractor’s capability in providing all procedures, progress measurement and reporting to steward the systems completion activities.
- Manages the discipline deliverables and field engineering in support of pre-comm/comm activities.
- Responsible for the schedule and related milestones, provides data (rundown curves, charts, graphs) and recovery plans to address any schedule delays if any.
- Accountable for knowledge of and sharing previous lessons learned, capturing and communicating current lessons learned to support review teams and future projects.
- Review, update and amend procedures and specifications to ensure that all pre-comm/comm references are up to date and relevant.
Experience Required: Qualifications:
Bachelor Degree in Engineering (or equivalent higher education)
Knowledge and/or Experience:
- Minimum of ten (10) years experience as a Head of Commissioning. or Commissioning Lead in a multi-disciplinary environment with a broad knowledge of commissioning planning and execution experience.
- Expertise in systemization, completions database, development of pre-comm/comm procedures.
- Strong leadership skills, experience leading multi-displine and multi-cultural teams in commissioning field execution.
- Pre-commissioning, Commissioning and Startup of Brownfield. onshore Loading Lines and Loading Facilities (Ship) on Berths in the Port is preferred.