HEAD OF LIVING QUARTERS ENGINEERING - QATAR
Airswift are a Global Manpower Provider specializing in the Energy, Infrastructure & IT sectors. Present in more than 70 countries around the world, our reach, and capabilities in the markets we service is unparalleled in the industry.
We are working with our client based in Qatar to source a Head of Living Quarters Engineering. This is a 3-year residential contract to be based in Qatar.
- Directs the delivery of all aspects of Living Quarters engineering (i.e., architectural, mechanical, Topsides, Jackets) detailed design, technical and execution definition, procurement, installation, and testing/commissioning.
- Ensures that related technical requirements fully comply with project requirements and effectively collaborates and interfaces with PMT and EPC contractor engineers and operations personnel (as required) to ensure that the Living Quarters scope of supply is fully integrated and optimized.
- Provides leadership and expertise to Living Quarters engineering Team and EPC contractor, vendors and/or engineering subcontractors, as required, to ensure quality assurance and production timing of engineering deliverables is in accordance with the approved project execution schedule and budget.
- Manage timely delivery of technical attachments and scope description of all LQ related purchase orders and own the associated technical attachments and scope description to all fabrication and construction contracts.
- Manage LQ engineering design in accordance with the project's change management program and own the LQ engineering schedule and critical milestones (LLI procurement, engineered equipment procurement; ROS dates, etc.); develop and steward recovery plans to address any schedule delays and resolution of contractor's engineering claims, if any.
- Responsible for previous lessons learned knowledge and capturing and communicating engineering and design lessons learned for the current project.
- Assess contractor capability in respect to compliance with client policies for prevention of information brokering, business standard guidelines, engineering and design procedures, processes, and deliverables, staffing plans, personnel suitability and adequacy ensuring LQ engineering, or other technical support is available to address gaps.
- Manage Contractor's LQ related activities in respect to engineering execution by ensuring familiarity with engineering execution plans, procedures, objectives, and overall job requirements; project is adequately staffed; employ the appropriate design tools, including computer hardware and software; adheres to all appropriate specifications, standards, and design verification processes; provide all contract documents and accurate progress measurement and reporting.
- Cooperate with review teams and support post-audit activities with respect to contract administration and subcontracting.
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering discipline
- 20 years' overall experience, 15 years’ relevant experience (oil and gas industry) with 5 years at senior project engineering / engineering supervision level with overall responsibility for LQ engineering execution. Broad and extensive knowledge of design standards, specifications, codes, safety criteria, offshore facilities construction, operations, and engineering administration.
If you are keen and interested with the role, you may apply to our website or share your updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org .