Location: Netherlands – Office and occasional site visits
Contract duration: 12 months (Possibility of extension)
Contract type: PAYE - Hourly rate
Start Date: January 2024
Recruitment Partner: Airswift
Account Manager: Anthony Hughes
As one of the world’s leading consulting and engineering companies, operating across Energy and Materials markets, we are proud to be in a position to expand our team in the Netherlands and have partnered with Airswift in order to help us meet our recruitment objectives heading into 2024.
We have a great opportunity for a HSSE Manager to work on a chemical project in the Netherlands. The chosen candidate will be responsible for organizing, managing and administering all HSSE construction activities in accordance with company standards, relevant legislation and Client requirements.
- Be fully familiar with the contract requirements, policies and procedures and ensure that those requirements relating to the site operations are implemented.
- Ensure construction / operational activities carry out in adherence to the project Objectives and programs. Implement worksite HSSE plans in regard to HSSE work practices such as HSSE Instructions to Contractors, Behavioural Based HSSE Process, Permit to Work, Working at Heights, Fire Safety, etc.
- Maintain the effectiveness and continued development of the HSSE management system and providing direction and support to its application on the project.
- Carry out daily HSSE inspections, and to follow up on any deficiencies noted with contractors’ field management.
- Investigate and report any incidents that require such action. Follow up on medical treatment any injuries.
- Facilitate the inspection and maintenance of Heavy Equipment and Machinery/Power tools during pre-deployment and during periodic inspection.
- Implement proactive measures to curb accident/incident, unsafe behaviours / conditions from recurrence through promotion, campaigns, and talks/training.?Manage site HSSE records.
- Ensure contractor implement the safe work procedure as per agreed work methods.
- Review chemicals to identify and minimize possible health, safety and environmental problems in construction, commissioning, transportation, and operations.
- Conduct behavioural based observation to identify unsafe behaviour or conditions to reduce loss or near loss incidents and reinforce good safety behaviour.
- Liaise with project appointed medical facility on first aid and medical treatments.
- Ensure rigging and other activities are in line with lift classifications and Safe Work Practice requirements.
- Maintain HSSE Management System documentation updated and relevant.
- Conduct or review risk analysis and HSSE assessment.
- Promote HSSE culture in the workplace.
- Monitor and ensure compliance of local statutory and legal requirements pertaining to HSSE.
- Maintain comprehensive records and reports of HSSE management activities.
- Plan and co-ordinate staff education and training on HSSE
- Communicate health and safety action plans, concerns, and decisions to respective personnel on site, client and contractors.
- Providing assistance and guidance to project and construction management teams regarding planning, and execution strategies for HSSE activities on the project
- Coordinate HSSE supervision team to implement and effective HSSE management system at site.
- Implementing an assurance strategy to monitor compliance against the project HSSE Execution Plan and HSSE procedures.
- Recognized HSSE Certification: VCA level 2 or equivalent.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in the role of HSSE manager with exposure to engineering and construction projects especially in the oil & gas / chemical industry.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in HSSE roles (supervisor and above) with exposure to engineering and construction projects especially in the oil & gas / chemical industry.
- Able to interpret the project Safety, Security, Health, and Environment plan and implement the program during construction and pre-commissioning phase.
- Able to apply the legal and other requirements (ISO 45001 &14001 systems, WOOD HSSE and Client requirements) to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all the workers as well as the preservation of the environment.
- Fully proficient in English
- Knowledge of Dutch language will be considering an added value, but not required.
- Well versed with Accident Prevention Methodologies & preparation of Incident / Accident Statistics, and reporting system.
- Ability to communicate in an articulate manner with clients, consultants, and contractors.
- Highly motivated, well organized, resourceful, and proactive
- Flexible approach and able to work under pressure with a can-do attitude.
- Available starting from January 2024
- Only individuals with valid European work permit can be considered.
The next step
We have an exceptional team in place, and we are pleased to be able to appoint a further person to our growing business. We are aware that you may not ‘tick all the boxes’, but if you believe you can genuinely offer some valuable skills and experience to our business, please in the first instance contact our recruitment partner Airswift.