Contract: 12 month Contract
Salary / Package: PAYE Day rate, plus holiday accrual + Pension Auto Enrolment
Recruitment Partner: Airswift Account Manager: Karen Robertson
Key words: Process automation, Instrumentation, Controls Engineering
Our Oil & Gas Operator client are recruiting for an Instrument & Control Engineer to support in preparation for and during the 2024 Turnaround on North Sea Platform.
What can we offer you
Fantastic opportunity to work for a world renowned Oil & Gas Operator on a TAR project. Excellent day rate, plus holiday accrual.
Hybrid working arrangements in place.
Key Responsibilities and background:
- Provide all levels of Process Automation, Control and Optimisation and Instrumentation engineering support to the Offshore Platform in preparation for and during the 2024 Turnaround.
- Support Main Automation Control Vendors for their scopes - Honeywell, Yokogawa and Sensia Role Develop scopes from varying sources - SAP Work Orders, Management of Change documentation, basic Statement of Requirements.
- Be the Scope Owner responsible for delivery of PACO scopes during the TaR 24 period.
- Liaise with appropriate vendors ensuring resources and materials are available on time.
- Ensure Management of Change documentation is complete and ready to install during the TaR 24 period.
- Liaise with Projects and Engineering Team to ensure timely delivery of their project scopes.
- Be responsible for correct completion of all close out documentation related to PACO scopes.
- Be able to review and accept replacement valve and actuator specifications
Critical Skills & Personal Attributes:
- Experienced PACO / Instrument Engineer, preferably Chartered Engineer and TUV FS Eng (or equivalent) certified.
- Knowledge and experience working with - Field instrumentation, actuated valves (control and quarter turn) and PLCs.
- Broad experience covering typical scopes including:
- Compressor control panel upgrades with Vendor Field instrumentation change outs and upgrades;
- Replacement control valves and actuators / positioners;
- Vendor scopes: Honeywell minor upgrades; Yokogawa Pro-Safe maintenance and upgrades; PLC / PC / HMI obsolescence upgrades; F&G system replacements and maintenance.
The next step
We have an exceptional team in place, and we are pleased to be able to appoint a further person to our growing business. We are aware that you may not ‘tick all the boxes’, but if you believe you can genuinely offer some valuable skills and experience to our business, please in the first instance contact our recruitment partner Airswift, and the account manager, Karen Robertson