ICS Designer – The Hague, Netherlands
Brief Job Overview
On behalf of our customers, we are currently recruiting for a Instrumentation and Control Systems Designer, located in The Hague, the Netherlands.
Key responsibilities and main tasks:
- Extensive experience in producing and checking of Instrument documentation as required i.e., Instrument and I/O Schedule, Location Layouts, Cable Schedules, Loop Diagrams, Cable Block Diagrams, Instrument Hook-Up’s,
- Termination Diagrams, Cable Routing Drawings (combined with Electrical) etc.
- Review and Checking of GID instrument design deliverables.
- Liaise with cross-discipline departments and equipment package vendors to ensure a coherent interface into our client's EI&C design.
- Recognise and address potential and actual cross-discipline issues and conflicts so that overall design input to the project is coherent.
- Produce cable routing drawings within SmartPlant 3D or equivalent software experience. This would include necessary cable tray-work and cable sizing calculations.
- Attend client model reviews to clearly define the EI&C routing design.
- Coordinate the 3D model activities and provide guidance to designers.
- Produce CAD drawings.
- Able to check the deliverables produced by the team.
- Demonstrate a pro-active and pragmatic mentality.
The experience shall include:
- Experience in the areas of ICS instrument design
- Experience in development of instrument design in FEED and Detailed Design project phases.
- Experience in work cooperation with remote offices (work sharing concept)
- Although the main part of the role will be coordinating, Candidate should also be able to set-up and work out an instrument design part him-/herself (e.g. wiring / lay-outs).
- Candidate can work independently and reports to ICS Lead Engineer.
- Good pro-active communication skills.
- Clear communication in the English language, both verbal and in writing.
- Knowledge of the following tools: AutoCad, Smart (Plant) Instrumentation.
Airswift is an international workforce solutions provider within the energy, process and infrastructure industries. Airswift serves as a strategic partner to our clients, offering a turnkey workforce solution to capture and deliver the top talent needed to complete successful projects by aligning with the unique needs of our clients. With over 800 employees and 6,000 contractors operating in over 50 countries, our geographical reach and pool of talent available is unmatched in the industry.