Airswift has been tasked by one of our major Oil and Gas clients to seek an Instrumentation Studies Manager to work in their facilities located in Pau, France.
Job Title: Instrumentation Studies Manager
Contract Duration: 6 months renewable
Work Location: Pau, France
Start date: ASAP
Contract Setup: Portage OR GTS
The subject of this document is part of the strengthening of the INSTRUMENTATION discipline for studies in progress. We are looking for an Instrumentation study manager to assist the design office teams and project managers.
- Referent for the instrumentation discipline, O&G onshore and/or offshore experience or Industry.
- Knowledge and mastery of the engineering process, content and purpose of deliverables.
- Mastery of the contractual technical scope.
- Management of a team of engineers and technicians (2 to 3 people)
- Management of the hours that are allocated and reporting to the Project Manager on the progress
- Ability to understand and arbitrate technical issues of the project.
- Management of interfaces with other disciplines (Processes, Electricity, Piping Valves Vessels, HVAC etc.)
- Safety culture, HSE sensitivity.
WORK TO BE CARRIED OUT
The work will be done autonomously, under the responsibility of the project manager and in interface with other disciplines in the context of pre-project studies and detailed preliminary projects and detailed studies.
The activities and work to be carried out will include, but are not limited to:
- Management of hours allocated to the instrumentation discipline as part of the project
- Ensure compliance with the document issuance schedule
- Management of a team of experienced instrumentalists and designers
- Coordination of activities with the Digital Systems Specialist
- Reporting to the Project Manager
- Interfaces - inter-disciplinary coordination
- Participation in meetings internally or with the Client
- Participation in P&ID reviews, selection of instrumentation technologies (analysis, debitometry, measurement of levels, temperatures, pressures, ...),
- Participation in plans of arrangement and 3D modeling reviews,
- Participation in safety reviews (HAZOP) and safety documents (Flowchart or C&E Matrix),
- General specifications instrumentation,
- Specifications of instruments or data sheets (pressures, temperatures and wells, delta-P, levels, flow meters, analyzers, valve motorization, control valves, ...),
- Requisitions and data sheets for inspection.
- Pre-calculations (control valves, thermowells, orifice plates, ...),
- Dimensioning of instrumentation cables.
- I/Os Lists,
- List of cables,
- List of small instrumentation equipment (Bulk MTO with tubings, fittings, glands).
- Participation in power balances.
- Diagrams / Plans
- Interconnection schemes,
- Plans of junction boxes,
- Loop diagrams (made jointly with the system specialist),
- Site plans,
- Journey plans,
- Plans of bulkhead passages (Main Cable Transits),
- Hook-up Drawings.
- Seller tracking
- Analysis of offers and drafting of a comparison,
- Management and follow-up of vendor documentation,
- Participation in inspections, verification of certifications, tests (or FATs) (carried out jointly with the inspection service).
- Language spoken: English. Proficiency required for written and spoken forms. The language of deliverables, reports, meetings can be either English or French
- General knowledge of IEC, IECEx, ATEX, ISO, ISA, ANSI, DIN, ASME, ASME PTC 19.3)
- Knowledge of software: MS Office Autocad
- Knowledge of the following software is a plus: Smart Plan Instrumentation (SPI), InstruCalc, AutoCAD, Navisworks
If you are interested and think you have the right profile, please apply!
Consultant: Rachel Marques at email@example.com