Airswift is seeking a Interface Engineer to work with a major oil and gas company in St John's NL on a 12 months contract.
The main function of this role is to serve as a central point of contact for consolidation of all the scope delivery groups, including fabrication, transportation and commissioning, and provide interface coordination on a global basis with a primary goal of smooth integration of the various components of the project into the existing capital field operations projects.
The Interface Engineer implements and stewards the interface management process between the various contractors and between Company teams on the project. The position monitors the performance of interface deliverables and works with the Projects Engineers to identify and resolve interface issues.
- Ensure consistent and effective implementation of the Interface Management Plan project wide.
- Coordinate with Contractors to ensure the development and execution of their interface management procedures and resolution of all project interfaces.
- Ensure that Contractors promptly develop interface agreements per their contract and further identify interfaces as required for the project.
- Ensure all project interfaces are aligned and integrated with the project schedule.
- Steward interface coordination meetings and facilitate interaction, where applicable, across all project groups, Contractor and Company.
- Facilitate regular communication between Contractors to ensure interface execution and close out.
- Develop and coordinate internal interfaces between project teams and existing operations departments.
- Technically assess criticality of interfaces and issues associated with late or missing information.
- Identify interface performance issues and work with project management team to facilitate resolution.
- Work with project management team to highlight and help resolve any associated contractual issues/potential change orders arising from interface issues.
- Steward dispute resolution between project teams, contracts, and operations teams as required.
- Monitor status of interface agreements across the project and provide regular updates to the leadership team.
- Coordinate the maintenance of the project execution plan.
- Support the review process for design drawings and technical reports
- Coordination of the Transfer of Care Custody, and Control (TCCC).
- Alignment of the project teams on contractual obligations and associated deliverables to support Care, Custody and Control transfer.
- Stewardship of project interface milestone completion certificates.
- Coordinate project SIMOPS planning for construction offshore via work sequencing, prioritization workshops, facilitation of SIMOPS risk assessments, and development of an approved SIMOPS matrix.
- Support the development of commissioning and handover to operations plans
- Support the development of information handover plans and coordination of the information handover activities (fabrication dossiers, redlines, software models, databases, project documents, MC and commissioning documents, etc.).
- Maintain up to date project interface procedures and work instructions.
- Monthly reporting on interface management.
- Interface inputs into the project schedule.
- Progress development of the Transfer of Care, Custody and Control (TCCC) Plan.
- Develop the project SIMOPS Plan.
The role requires broad experience in project execution. The candidate must have good leadership and personnel management skills, including strong interpersonal skills to interact effectively with a variety of stakeholders including Contractors and Company Project Management Team individuals.
- Minimum B. Eng
- Member in good standing, or eligible for registration with Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Newfoundland and Labrador (PEGNL)
- Excellent understanding of Project technical requirements
- Multi-discipline experience desired in project management, facilities, marine, and subsea assets
- Strong understanding of the interaction of project drivers. Specifically, technical, economical, schedule and commercial
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills
- Strong work ethic; self-motivated with excellent work organization skills
- At least 5 years upstream oil and gas experience
- At least 5 years of experience on an owner's Project Management Team
- Previous experience in some or all the following project areas; project management, engineering management, construction management, commissioning management, and business/project controls
- Previous experience in interface management preferable; experience with use of Coreworx is considered an asset
Consistent with the Accords Act, residents of Newfoundland and Labrador specifically and Canada generally, who are qualified, will be given first consideration for training and employment.