Our client, a major Oil & Gas company is seeking a Laboratory Technician to work within their facilities located in Annandale, NJ for a 1-yearcontract (possible to extend).
The professional will support the laboratory by performing routine and non-routine laboratory analysis/wet chemistry on product and in-process samples, to support plant operations for the purpose of quality assurance/control.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform calibration and maintenance of test equipment.
- Prepare samples and ensure accurate data generation and records, in accordance with the standard operating procedures.
- Utilize analytical instruments to address quality assurance/control issues.
- Prepare chemical stock solutions and reagents, as well as set preparation standards.
- Experience with LIMS to compile and enter all data obtained from tests
- Maintain a clean and safe lab by doing regular housekeeping and LPSAs (Loss Prevention Self Assessments)
- Participate in TMAs (Test Method Assessments) and LPOs (Loss Prevention Observations) to ensure correct and safe test procedures
- Prepare laboratory equipment to conduct test
- Troubleshoot machines and/or redo analyses when test are OCC-out of control
- Perform various tests on different Fuel type, jet fuel, Gasoline and Diesel to ensure it is ready for downstream products.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Polytechnic graduate with the background in Chemical/Process/Technical Engineering.
- Computer-literate. Preferable experience in quality control systems.