Airswift are partnered with an Energy provider and have a role of Land Access Negotiator to work on 12 months contract assignment and ongoing in Brisbane, QLD.
Purpose & Accountabilities:
The purpose of this role is to deliver access to land through successful negotiation with landholders and their legal representatives. The incumbent will be expected to act as an enabler and facilitator of commercial outcomes for the organisation.
- Deliver agreements with landholders on time, within budget and with efficient and effective terms and conditions
- Accountable for delivering legal agreements for access to land in compliance with relevant legislation including Conduct and Compensation Agreements and Easements.
- Accountable for ensuring a professional standard for all internal and external written and verbal correspondence (including correspondence to external lawyers).
- Escalate issues to Land Access Special Advisor (as required) to ensure issues are dealt with promptly and operations are not affected.
- Role model positive, ethical behaviours and values
- Diversity in company means valuing all the ways we differ because they create individual perspectives and unique contributions. Inclusion at company means having a safe, positive and caring environment in which our differences are understood, embraced and valued by the people we work with. The successful applicant will ensure that they behave in a manner that respects and values different perspectives and unique contributions.
- Every individual has a duty of care to both themselves and those around them to ensure that safe practice is adhered to at all times.
- Conduct negotiations
- The incumbent is responsible for ensuring negotiations are conducted fairly and consistently through the application of the agreed compensation framework.
- The incumbent is responsible for the efficient use of their time to ensure all tasks are achieved within allocated project plan milestones.
- The incumbent maintains and develops controls and procedures within his/her own area and applies an awareness of the business to implement and develop best practice.
- Well defined personal values and a commitment to ethical conduct are essential to this role as is discretion and the ability to maintain confidentiality of commercial arrangements with landholders
- Tertiary qualifications in commercial, law, business or a related field.
- Proven experience in commercial negotiation and complex problem solving in a large corporate, service or professional service environment.
- Experience in land access or property-related work (preferably in the CSG industry)
- Understanding of the management of non-technical risks
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong drafting skills
- Experience in major project development and demonstrated understanding of issues that impact a large resource development.
- Demonstrated track record of bringing a strong commercial focus to address regulatory and operational risk.
- Proven ability to use a variety of influencing techniques.
- Experienced in delivering outcomes against tight deadlines and reaching goals despite obstacles, setbacks and/or uncertainty.
- A track record of adding real value to the decision-making processes in a business with an ability to present a point of view thoughtfully and persuasively.
- High level of verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of Land Access Code, P&G Act and other appropriate legislation
- Understanding of rural business practices