Airswift has been tasked by one of our major Oil and Gas clients to seek a Landfall Lead to work in their facilities located in Woking, UK.
- Industry: O&G
- Location: Woking, UK + travels to the Netherlands
- Position: Landfall Lead
- Duration: 12 months
- Start date: ASAP
- Language: English
- Eligibility: UK National/Resident/UK Work Permit
- Language: Fluency in English (speaking and writing) is required. Dutch speaking would be an advantage.
The job holder is responsible for the safe delivery of the shore approach solution for the project pipeline at the Port of Rotterdam. The shore approach is a tunnel (2kM) performed by a pipe jack with the ability to transition to segmented tunnel. The role is initially based in Woking (UK) and will need to follow the work to both The Netherlands and the EPC contractor’s location.
The main responsibilities of the post are as follows:
- Overall accountable for the safe delivery of the shore approach solution for the project
- Manage all aspects of the shore approach FEED, detailed engineering and execution phases to ensure that it is designed and developed as per applicable codes, standards, and project specifications and delivered in a timely manner with key mitigations implemented to address major risks;
- Review and be accountable for all FEED engineering deliverables related to the shore approach scope of work and ensure a robust design and preparation is made;
- Interfacing with other disciplines, such as pipeline design, civil/Geotech, Marine and installation engineering teams to meet design requirements;
- Conducting coordination meetings related to the shore approach with Contractor/others disciplines/permitting/Port of Rotterdam to discuss progress, clarify comments, interfaces issues, identify area of concerns /discuss and solve issues etc.
- Control Project Progress for his package (technical, schedule and cost).
- Ensure implementation of project procedures and compliance with internal and external regulations.
- Ensure the best transfer of offshore facilities and installations to Operations including commissioning, start-up.
- Promote innovation and cost effectiveness in seeking technical solutions without compromising reliability or HSE aspects of the Project.
- Fosters a culture of sharing and collaboration
- Lead by example and encourage all team members to accept personal responsibility for their actions.
- Ensure that company HSE policy is enforced within the framework of all shore approach activities;
- Manage the shore approach scope with the aim of remaining within the agreed budget, schedule for completion, statement of requirements and HSE policy and rules of the company;
- Ensures the EPC contractor produces a fit-for-purpose design that is constructible and that fulfils operational requirements;
- Ensure that the design of the shore approach meets all statutory host country and, where applicable, international requirements;
- To mobilise, organise and manage the teams required to carry out the work
- To ensure the timely handover to operations/installation team;
- Participate/Contribute to Method of Statements/ Procedures development ;
- Proposes and facilitates technical reviews associated with the scope.
- Engineering Degree in a relevant discipline
Required professional experience:
- Tunnel design and installation experience is required.
- 10years’ experience in managing and delivering projects and engineering studies at least 5 years of which in an offshore and marine project environment including pipeline pull-in and shore approach preparation.
- Civils experience is an advantage.
Required management capacity & skills:
- Excellent people and team management skills, culturally sensitive with demonstrable team building, organizational and leadership abilities (having previously lead a team).
- Effective communicator with proven negotiation skills with balanced decision-making abilities.
- Experience working in a site environment for fabrication and construction of project facilities.
- Experienced working with contractors and sub-contractors including knowledgeable in planning and contractual matters
- Flexibility from a mobility point of view. During execution phase the candidate will require to spend a significant amount of time on site (execution phase).
- Fluency in English (speaking and writing) is required. Dutch speaking would be an advantage.
If you are interested and think you have the right profile, please apply!
Consultant: Rachel Marques at firstname.lastname@example.org