Airswift is seeking an experienced Contracts Lead to join and become a key role in the Project Team. Contractual, commercial and technical knowledge on FPSO projects is preferred in order to provide contractual and commercial guidance to the project team and the wider organisation.
- Organise and maintain logs and files (both in terms of a central database and hard copy filing systems) in a systematic manner to allow for easy access by other department personnel.
- Post client contract award, management of prequalification and RFQs for high risk contracts under the guidance of the PCM.
- Lead negotiations and manage low to medium risk contracts. Participate in negotiations and drafting of high risk contracts. Drafting of internal approval sheet and obtaining the various levels of approval for all contracts.
- Post award subcontract management, drafting and/or review and approval of subcontract notices, amendments, change requests and change orders, warranty claims, and formalization of subcontract closeout. Support procurement re negotiation of purchase order terms and conditions and resolution of claims.
- Establish high quality cooperation and team work. Contribute to a positive work environment. Embraces diversity. Takes the opportunity to build diverse teams and values their varied approaches to work. Collaborates with others to achieve tasks and goals that benefit the organisation. Fosters cooperation and transparency across teams, functions, entities, countries and regions.
- Leads subordinate commercial / contracts personnel assigned by the Contracts & Commercial Head to operationally report to this Position.
- Minimum of 12 years of relevant experience in contracts and or commercial experience
- Knowledge of technical, contractual and commercial disciplines connected with Engineering, Procurement and Construction (“EPC”) projects
- Experience in offshore oil and gas industry is an advantage
- Knowledge of Floating Production, Storage and Offloading (“FPSO”) vessels is an advantage
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant area such as Law or quantity surveying / Master’s qualification in a relevant subject such as construction law, business administration or economics will be of value. Law and contract law as part of academic studies is preferred.
- MRICS, MCIArb, SCL is an advantage
- Very high level of written and spoken English. Able to draft clear and concise correspondence. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- A high level of comprehension in order to understand and interpret contractual language coupled with an ability to formulate arguments that support the contractual interpretation sought by the company.